Somatus, the leader in value-based kidney care, is looking for a mission-driven Human Resources professional with extensive HR experience who will contribute at both a strategic and hands-on level to develop and deliver talent strategies that support business objectives in support of our key stakeholder groups – health plans, providers, and most importantly, patients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build relationships with senior business leaders to provide thought leadership on organizational and people-related strategies.
- Partner with business leaders to build engaged, high-performing teams.
- Consult and advise leaders through employee engagement, compensation and promotions, HR policies, change management, and other initiatives.
- Identify and address critical organizational and people issues and remove barriers impeding the business's success.
- Proactively assess team and manager development needs, make recommendations, and implement appropriate solutions.
- Identify training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to people managers (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions)
- Partner with Talent & Org Development and assigned client groups to roll out all key people processes (performance management, compensation, benefits, development programs, etc).
- Provide input on workforce planning, succession planning, compensation, benchmarking, etc.
- Promptly handle all employee relations matters and maintain detailed documentation and records.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Provide meaningful data reporting and insights and create solutions, based on business needs.
- Consult and advise on succession planning, talent reviews and driving the annual merit planning cycle.
- Support growth and organizational changes by partnering with business leaders and talent acquisition to develop job descriptions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8-10 years of progressive HR experience or equivalent relevant work experience, and strong business acumen.
- Demonstrated experience in organizational development, change management, engagement and retention strategies, and employee communications.
- Strong experience objectively coaching employees and managing through complex and difficult issues.
- Master’s or advanced degree
- Strong project management experience
- Experience supporting and working with C-Suite executives.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, problem-solving and decision-making skills, and ability to handle sensitive situations/documentation.
- Ability to be both strategic and tactical.
- Strong team player with solid collaboration skills.
- Knowledge of employment laws such as ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, and other federal and state laws covering discrimination and equal opportunity employment.
- Ability to influence without authority across business stakeholders and at all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to use judgment, creativity, and technical knowledge to obtain and recommend solutions.
- The ability to adapt nimbly and lead others through complex situations in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills; proven ability to deliver on commitments.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel and PowerPoint) and experience with HR systems and applications.
This position is required to be at the Corporate Office in McLean, VA.
- This job operates in a professional setting. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Normal manual dexterity is required.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and reach with hands and arms and continuously repeat the same hand, arm finger motion many times as in typing.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Somatus, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.