The Patient Care Technician performs patient care and relative tasks under the direction of a Registered Professional Nurse or a Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Provides a safe quiet comfortable environment for patient, visitors, and other employees.
- Demonstrates accountability for job responsibility and functions which include preparing dialysis machines and supplies for patient treatments.
- Provides direct quality care and service to patients prior to, during, and after dialysis treatment under the direction of the Facility Manager or Charge Nurse.
- Demonstrates an effort and the ability to be an effective member of the team and assists as needed in the facility.
- Works and communicates well in a team environment.
- Displays ethical conduct at all times toward patients, families, and co-workers.
- Completes training as required and demonstrates professional effectiveness and positive demeanor.
- Maintains a customer/client focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is standing most of the shift. Requires frequent lifting, stretching and other physical exertion during positioning of patients and moving equipment.
- Certified Dialysis Technician (CCHT) highly preferred
- High school diploma or GED.
- 1+ years of experience in Dialysis as a PCT
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Our priority is the health and safety of our members, colleagues, partners, and community. Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination is required for employment. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons or sincerely-held religious beliefs, we will consider requests for reasonable accommodations consistent with our policy, and where we are able to provide such accommodations without undue hardship to the company pursuant to applicable law. All requests for proof of vaccination or for exemptions from the vaccination requirement will be subject to any limitations stipulated by current state and/or federal laws.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Somatus, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.