Are you ready to lend your talents, unique perspective, and awesome ideas to help us change how kidney care is being delivered? Somatus is seeking qualified Acute Dialysis Nurses.
Position may float between 2-3 hospitals (Alexandria, Fairfax, Fair Oaks, Loudoun, and Mount Vernon).
Our heritage gives us a unique perspective on inpatient and outpatient dialysis care. We have taken our knowledge and past experiences to hold ourselves to a higher standard when it comes to providing care for patients. We work with patients and their providers to identify a modality that suits their needs and lifestyle.
- Provides acute hemodialysis care and treatment, including developing initial and ongoing assessments, and providing patient training and education as applicable.
- Responsible for providing communication with the physician and other members of the health care team to interpret, adjust and complete all care plans in a timely manner.
- Assisting and supporting the acute unit management team in achieving high standards for quality, patient satisfaction, staff development, business management as appropriate, teamwork, culture, and employee satisfaction.
- Understanding, supporting, interpreting, implementing, and complying with the policies, mission, and values of the company.
- Provides safe, effective delivery of care under the oversight of the Vice President Operations, Medical Director, Group Hospital Administrator (GHA), and Clinical Manager. He/she must comply with the standards outlined in the policy and procedure manual, as well as the regulations set forth by the company and any applicable state and federal agencies.
- Associate degree in Nursing is required. Bachelor’s in nursing or health related field preferred.
- Current appropriate state licensure.
- 1 year Hemodialysis experience.
- ICU/CCU experience preferred but not required.
- Successful completion of training course in theory and practice of hemodialysis.
- Computer knowledge preferred.
- BLS Certified
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Our priority is the health and safety of our members, colleagues, partners, and community. Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination is required for employment. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons or sincerely-held religious beliefs, we will consider requests for reasonable accommodations consistent with our policy, and where we are able to provide such accommodations without undue hardship to the company pursuant to applicable law. All requests for proof of vaccination or for exemptions from the vaccination requirement will be subject to any limitations stipulated by current state and/or federal laws.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Somatus, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.