Somatus is seeking a nephrologist to join the founding team establishing a new clinical practice in Nashville, Tennessee. This is an exciting opportunity to help start an innovative clinical practice, focused on bringing value-based care to nephrology through team based proactive preventive care and population health management. The nephrologist will have the opportunity to practice in an evidence-based environment, utilizing the resources of the Somatus model of care, to deliver improved clinical care for patients with kidney disease in the Nashville, TN area. The primary focus of the clinical model is the provision of holistic, comprehensive care that is focused on achieving quality clinical outcomes, spending more time with each patient, and practicing patient-centered medicine. The ideal candidate will partner with a collaborative team to help build this new clinical practice in Nashville, with a uniquely innovative, value-based model focused on delivering high quality clinical care.
- Provide the full spectrum of nephrology clinical care, including providing consultations and follow up visits to patients with or at risk for kidney disease.
- Maintain an up-to-date, evidence-based clinical practice focused on management of CKD and ESKD, delaying disease progression, comorbidity management, and education for optimal transitions to ESKD where indicated.
- Lead a multidisciplinary team, including RN case managers, social workers, clinical pharmacists, registered dietitians, and community health workers, focused on delivering truly integrated, value-based care to nephrology practice.
- Work with a multidisciplinary team to help understand the medical, behavioral, and psychosocial needs of each patient, identify gaps in care and address barriers to achieving optimal health outcomes.
- Responsible for driving the continuous improvement of care across the entire panel of patients including reductions in unnecessary and avoidable utilization (e.g., hospital readmissions) and achieving top performance in quality outcomes.
- Partner with nurse educators in providing robust kidney disease education, including education on transplant and home dialysis modalities.
- Establish and maintain strong physician relationships with local primary care physicians and other local clinical practices and health systems. Provide timely transitions of care visits and care, with a focus on keeping patients healthy at home and reducing unnecessary inpatient utilization.
- Provide comprehensive and timely communication to referring physicians and collaborate closely with other local treating physicians to ensure coordinated care with an ideal patient-centered experience.
- Oversees all program requirements including participation and responsibilities for quality assurance (QA) and quality improvement (QI).
- Perform monthly QAPI-style clinic rounds to review patient panel population health and identify opportunities for improvement in patient care.
- Able to supervise advanced practice providers (PAs and NPs) as needed.
- Fosters a supportive, collaborative clinic environment for all staff members.
- Provide tele-health visits and in-home visits as needed for coordinated and seamless patient care delivery.
- Provides ongoing coaching, feedback, and assistance to Somatus care team members for leadership and management support. Uses proven techniques of practice facilitation to influence and promote high-value healthcare. Identifies practice educational needs and matches them with available Somatus or industry resources.
- Graduate of an accredited medical school. M.D./D.O. degree is required.
- Completion of approved residency in internal medicine, and approved fellowship training program in nephrology.
- Board certified in internal medicine.
- Currently board certified or board-eligible in nephrology.
- Possess a valid, unrestricted license to practice medicine in TN.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated professional competence, strong computer skills and EHR competency.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Our priority is the health and safety of our members, colleagues, partners, and community. Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination is required for employment. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons or sincerely-held religious beliefs, we will consider requests for reasonable accommodations consistent with our policy, and where we are able to provide such accommodations without undue hardship to the company pursuant to applicable law. All requests for proof of vaccination or for exemptions from the vaccination requirement will be subject to any limitations stipulated by current state and/or federal laws.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Somatus, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.