Cohere Health is illuminating healthcare for patients, their doctors, and all those who are important in a patient’s healthcare experience, both in and out of the doctors office. Founded in August, 2019, we are obsessed with eliminating wasteful friction patients and doctors experience in areas that have nothing to do with health and treatment, particularly for diagnoses that require expensive procedures or medications. To that end, we build software that is expressly designed to ensure the appropriate plan of care is understood and expeditiously approved, so that patients and doctors can focus on health, rather than payment or administrative hassles.
This is an excellent opportunity for an outstanding data analyst to join a Series B digital health company. You will work closely with solution and client specialists, clinicians, program implementation and operation experts, informaticists, data scientists, and actuaries to produce client-facing data-driven quality and utilization intelligence. The intelligence informs Cohere clinical programs offering to improve a) payor/provider/patient collaboration through utilization management and care management process, b) quality of care and patient outcomes, and c) healthcare utilization and spending efficiency. The work will be fast-paced and project-based, with evolving needs requiring adaptability, curiosity, and grace under pressure.
Last but not least: People who succeed here are empathetic teammates who are candid, kind, caring, and embody our core values and principles. We believe that diverse, inclusive teams make the most impactful work. Cohere is deeply invested in ensuring that we have a supportive, growth-oriented environment that works for everyone.
What you will do:
- Quickly understand Cohere’s clinical content, products, services and clinical programs and how Cohere’s x-functional collaboration and workflow intersect with healthcare providers’ workflow and patients’ care journey.
- Work x- functionally, such as payor solution, partnership, and clinical program teams, and produce analytics and draw business and clinical intelligence for clients to:
- Quality, utilization and spending improvement opportunities demonstrated empirically based on large datasets such as claims data and prior authorization data
- Addressable opportunities associated with variations by provider and patient care journey, as defined by Cohere clinical specialty programs
- Create reports and data visualizations to share insights with internal and external stakeholders
- Prepare materials for internal and external facing meetings to disseminate findings and implications.
- Maintain documentation of methodology of analysis so they are ready to quickly scale to multiple programs and clients across types of services, care paths/diagnosis groups and lines of business (e.g., Medicare Advantage, commercial Medicaid).
- Coordinate analytics activities across multiple projects simultaneously
- Work collaboratively with internal and external teams to deliver high-quality, on-time results
- Passionate about improving the U.S. healthcare system and helping ensure every patient receives the best care possible.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, able to succeed in a fast-paced, high intensity start-up environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in healthcare analysis (payer, provider, consulting), with demonstrated quantitative analytical skills
- 6+ months of payer medical claims analysis required
- Advanced knowledge of standard medical and clinical data including medical claims, pharmacy, and eligibility data.
- Advanced knowledge of analytical and programing languages, (e.g., SQL or R, Python) and BI tool e.g. Tableau
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Health Policy, Biostatistics, or Health Economics preferred.
We can't wait to meet you and learn all about you at Cohere Health!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Cohere Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. To us, it’s personal.