Cohere Health is illuminating healthcare for patients, their doctors, and all those who are important in a patient’s healthcare experience, both in and out of the doctors office. Founded in August, 2019, we are obsessed with eliminating wasteful friction patients and doctors experience in areas that have nothing to do with health and treatment, particularly for diagnoses that require expensive procedures or medications. To that end, we build software that is expressly designed to ensure the appropriate plan of care is understood and expeditiously approved, so that patients and doctors can focus on health, rather than payment or administrative hassles.
This is an excellent opportunity for an outstanding data analyst to join a Series B digital health company. You will work closely with clinicians, program implementation and operation experts, informaticists, data scientists, and actuaries to support data-driven clinical program and pilot design, monitor, report and evaluation. These clinical programs and pilots aim to improve a) payor/provider/patient collaboration through utilization management and care management process, b) quality of care and patient outcomes, and c) healthcare utilization and spending efficiency. The work will be fast-paced and project-based, with evolving needs requiring adaptability, curiosity, and grace under pressure.
Last but not least: People who succeed here are empathetic teammates who are candid, kind, caring, and embody our core values and principles. We believe that diverse, inclusive teams make the most impactful work. Cohere is deeply invested in ensuring that we have a supportive, growth-oriented environment that works for everyone.
What you’ll do:
- Quickly understand Cohere’s clinical content, products, services and clinical programs and how Cohere’s x-functional collaboration and workflow intersect with healthcare providers’ workflow and patients’ care journey.
- Work x- functionally and produce analytics and reports and draw business and clinical insights to:
- Identify target patient and provider population, and moment of influence
- Define outcome and success metrics and set targets with clinical program leaders
- Ongoing monitoring of clinical programs and pilots and refine targets
- Retrospective formal program evaluation using advanced econometrics
- Create reports and data visualizations to share insights with stakeholders
- Maintain documentation of methodology of opportunity analysis/impact evaluation analysis so they are ready to quickly scale to multiple programs and interventions across types of services, care paths/diagnosis groups and lines of business (e.g., Medicare Advantage, commercial Medicaid).
- Coordinate analytics activities across multiple projects simultaneously
- Work collaboratively with internal and external teams to deliver high-quality, on-time results
- Passionate about improving the U.S. healthcare system and helping ensure every patient receives the best care possible.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, able to succeed in a fast-paced, high intensity start-up environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in healthcare industry (payer, provider, consulting), with demonstrated quantitative analytical and critical thinking skills
- 6+ months of payer medical claims analysis required
- Advanced knowledge of observational data analysis methodology (e.g., pre- and post-, quasi-experimental design, difference in differences) with large data including medical claims, pharmacy, and eligibility data.
- Advanced knowledge of analytical and programing languages, (e.g., SQL or R, Python) and BI tool e.g. Tableau
- Experience working with medical, pharmacy, and lab claims as well as EHR data to extract clinical information for analytics and modeling purposes
- Master’s Degree in a quantitative discipline such as Epidemiology, Economics, Statistics, Data Science, Clinical Informatics, and/or related fields required.
- Experience with cardiology clinical and utilization management programs preferred.
We can’t wait to learn more about you and meet you at Cohere Health!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Cohere Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. To us, it’s personal.