Cohere Health is illuminating healthcare for patients, their doctors, and all those who are important in a patient’s healthcare experience, both in and out of the doctors office. Founded in August, 2019, we are obsessed with eliminating wasteful friction patients and doctors experience in areas that have nothing to do with health and treatment, particularly for diagnoses that require expensive procedures or medications. To that end, we build software that is expressly designed to ensure the appropriate plan of care is understood and expeditiously approved, so that patients and doctors can focus on health, rather than payment or administrative hassles.
This is an excellent opportunity for an outstanding healthcare analyst to join a Series B digital health company. You will work closely with informaticists, clinicians, data scientists, and ML/AI engineers to develop data-driven and evidence-based approaches to transforming utilization management. The work will be fast-paced and project-based, with evolving needs requiring adaptability, curiosity, and grace under pressure.
Last but not least: People who succeed here are empathetic teammates who are candid, kind, caring, and embody our core values and principles. We believe that diverse, inclusive teams make the most impactful work. Cohere is deeply invested in ensuring that we have a supportive, growth-oriented environment that works for everyone.
What you’ll do:
- Generate actionable insights from large, complex data sets through advanced analytics and modeling techniques, including benchmarking, trend analysis, low value care detection, key driver and root cause analysis, and patient cohorting
- Proactively recommend and employ additional methods for evaluating complex structured and unstructured data to support trend innovation
- Work with clinical informaticists to interpret results, identify clinically meaningful and impactable opportunities, and establish estimated savings and quality improvement opportunities
- Identify and communicate data limitations that may impact results
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to define program objectives and metrics
- Create reports and data visualizations to share insights with stakeholders
- Coordinate analytics activities across multiple projects simultaneously
- Work collaboratively with internal and external teams to deliver high-quality, on-time results
Your background & requirements:
- Master's Degree in a quantitative discipline such as Epidemiology, Economics, Statistics, Data Science, Clinical Informatics, and/or related fields
- 3+ years of experience performing advanced data analytics in a healthcare environment
- Familiarity with utilization management from the payer and provider perspective
- Experience working with medical, pharmacy, and lab claims as well as EHR data to extract clinical information for analytics and modeling purposes
- Experience using statistical methods, exploratory data analysis, and predictive models to drive strategy as well as clinical and business outcomes
- Familiarity with observational study design and techniques such as retrospective cohorts and propensity score matching
- Experience manipulating and analyzing data using Python and SQL
- Strong background in standardized clinical terminologies (e.g., ICD-10, CPT, HCPCS, LOINC, SNOMED, NDC) and medical coding
- Proficiency with data visualization tools (Tableau, Kibana)
- Exceptional communication skills and a keen ability for translating technical requirements to a less technical audience
- Superior problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced start-up environment
- Ability to work both collaboratively, proactively, and independently in a remote work environment with minimal supervision
- Avid learner with an adaptable knowledge base
We can’t wait to learn more about you and meet you at Cohere Health!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Cohere Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. To us, it’s personal.