About Cayaba Care
Our mission is to improve outcomes in underserved communities by reimagining how maternity care is delivered. Our team is focused on building technology-enabled solutions to deliver holistic, home-based clinical and non-clinical services to improve maternity/newborn outcomes.
To learn more about Cayaba Care, please visit www.cayabacare.com.
About the Job
The Director of Finance and Administration will work across functions at Cayaba Care to ensure appropriate financial forecasting and reporting. In this role, the Director of Finance and Administration will own the lifecycle of budgeting, forecasting and reporting within Cayaba Care. In doing so, this role will contribute to the preparation of materials for internal and external meetings.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about our mission to address the equity gap in marginalized communities and building innovative solutions to improve healthcare outcomes. The candidate will also have broad healthcare experience in healthcare (provider groups, health systems) as demonstrated leadership/operational experience in high-growth start-ups.
What You’ll Do
- Lead budget and forecasting cycles across the organization.
- Supervise preparation and delivery of monthly and quarterly financial reports to leadership team, investors, and our Board of Directors.
- Own cash flow reporting processes and associated insight to inform appropriate resource allocation.
- Collaborate with our Product and Engineering team to ensure alignment around reporting metrics.
- Create financial models and solutions that will help grow and support internal business goals, collaborating closely with ClinOps.
- Assist CEO with special projects and ad hoc analysis as needed
- Facilitate reviews and improvement planning with support center functions and cost centers for performance gaps
- Manage corporate and clinic headcount planning
- Communicate complex analytic findings and conclusions in an easy to understand manner
- Support the monthly closing process and develop insightful variance analyses
- Prepare financial analysis, variance analysis, and budget vs. actual reporting. Conduct and interpret quantitative and qualitative analyses to provide insight into existing operations
- Maintains up-to-date understanding of the healthcare industry including key customers and competitor organizations. Keeps informed about significant regulatory changes impacting Cayaba business.
- Optimize and oversee performance for current RCM processes
Who you are
- Minimum Bachelor's in Accounting or Finance; CPA a strong plus
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in corporate finance, preferably working with budgeting and forecasting
- Ability to synthesize large data sets and identify trends and key information
- Experience with data management and data visualization tools and applications such as SQL Server and Tableau
- Experience with relevant tools, particularly with Excel, Quickbooks, Bill.com, Expensify, and Carta
- Strong analytical, written communication, interpersonal, listening, interviewing and organizational skills
- Strong financial modeling skills, including metrics.
- Adept at visualization and presentation to support communication, findings, and plans
- Project management skills and ability to manage to deadlines
- ERP Implementations
- 5+ years progressive experience in healthcare delivery organizations or payers
- Experience working with diverse teams with a culturally sensitive and competent perspective
- Demonstrated ability delivering business results in various settings
- Demonstrated ability to create structure and build scalable business processes
- Ability to influence and communicate directly with leadership teams to drive accountability and delivering of results
- Experience leading teams and scaling in high-growth/startup organizations
- Previous experience in Home-based healthcare delivery or complex logistics a plus
- Advanced GSuite user
What you’ll get
- Hours: Full-Time
- Location: Newark, NJ
- Type: Hybrid (3 days week/in office)
- Travel: 20 - 25% travel
- Salary: Competitive with market and level of experience
- Benefits: Health, Dental, Life insurance, 401K
Our Cayaba Care Values:
- Healthcare is Human: We partner with the communities we serve to address the unique needs of our patients and support whole person care.
- Pursue Excellence: We earn & build trust with our patients, partners, & each other by striving for excellence without compromising our standards.
- Uplift: We elevate and center underrepresented voices.
- Embrace Innovation: We are creative & resourceful in getting things done.
- Together, not alone: Moving maternal healthcare forward is a shared responsibility that we all care deeply about.
We are in the Audible building in the Washington Park neighborhood, an innovation district and vibrant 24-7 streetscape. Same building as Rutgers Business school and are walking distance to Whole Foods/lots of restaurants, and Newark Penn/Broad street stations. We provide parking and company-sponsored activities in Newark! Read more about Audible/Newark - https://www.audible.com/about/impact/our-newark-neighborhood