The VP Clinical Affairs is a BC Nephrologist who, under the direction of the Chief Medical Officer, provides executive clinical oversight over the portfolio of Somatus enterprise wide clinical programs. The VP works closely and collaboratively with the AVP of Clinical Programs and the Senior Director of Education/Training to ensure all corporate clinical programs are evidence based, high quality, and clinically appropriateness. Direct clinical reports include service line chiefs (Clinical Pharmacy, RN Case Mangement, Social Work, Registered Dietitian, and Population Health Associates).
The VP also provides clinical oversight for provider licensing and credentialing ensuring all licensed Somatus clinical staff are fully up to date with regulatory and contractually required credentials and licensure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides executive physician leadership for Somatus Clinical Programs & Clinical Care Model.
- Serves as the core visible nephrology SME and clinical leader for clinical operations and care.
- Provide clinical oversight for core clinical service lines.
- Develops service line chiefs to be effective matrix leaders across all markets.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of new information and technologies in nephrology and primary care – including population health management and care coordination/case management.
- Helps to organize and oversee in-service training and education of professional care management staff.
- Represents/presents at medical group meetings, conferences, etc. as appropriate.
- Recommends changes in program content in concurrence with changing markets and technologies.
- Understands and supports patient stratification, continuous evaluation and re-stratification of members for appropriate resource allocation.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Required Education and Experience:
- Current unrestricted medical license in United States.
- Board Certification in Nephrology with a minimum of 2 years in clinical practice.
- Eligibility for medical licensure across Somatus market states.
- MBA, or a Masters-Degree is preferred in healthcare, or other related fields of study.
- Preferred clinical experience in Accountable Care or Value Based Care provider organization.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Board certified Nephrology.
- Ability to combine leadership skills with clinical acumen.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to drive change that will stretch the organization and push the boundaries.
- Demonstrated leadership ability of multidisciplinary clinical teams
- Ability to be a team player and team builder.
- Ability to synthesize and interpret large amounts of disparate data.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty.
- The ability to adapt nimbly and lead others through complex situations in a fast-paced environment.
- Risk-taker who seeks data and input from others.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills.
- Consistently completes continuing education activities relevant to practice area and needed to maintain licensure.
- This job operates in a professional office setting. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time. Normal manual dexterity is required.
- Normal speaking and hearing abilities to interact with others in an office environment, over telephone or other video conferencing platform.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and reach with hands and arms and continuously repeat the same hand, arm finger motion many times as in typing.
Our priority is the health and safety of our members, colleagues, partners, and community. Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination is required for employment. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs, we will consider requests for reasonable accommodations consistent with our policy, and where we are able to provide such accommodations without undue hardship to the company pursuant to applicable law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Somatus, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.