Cohere Health is illuminating healthcare for patients, their doctors, and all those who are important in a patient’s healthcare experience, both in and out of the doctors office. Founded in August, 2019, we are committed to eliminating wasteful friction patients and doctors experience in areas that have nothing to do with health and treatment, particularly for diagnoses that require expensive procedures or medications. To that end, we build software that is expressly designed to ensure the appropriate plan of care is understood and expeditiously approved, so that patients and doctors can focus on health, rather than payment or administrative hassles.
In this role, you’ll join our growing team of world-class engineers and statisticians to build and maintain our machine learning architecture. You will be tasked with finding the most promising opportunities for impact and then delivering on them.
Our ML team’s work is focused in the following four areas:
- Information retrieval from unstructured clinical text
- Predicting clinical findings from structured and unstructured data sources
- Building intelligent algorithms for ordering work queues
- Identifying anomalies, such as behavior change and gaming, in user behavior
- Learning effective personalized treatment paths that enable care recommendations based on socio economic status, care availability and patient risk
Last but not least: People who succeed here are empathetic teammates who are candid, kind, caring, and embody our core values and principles. We believe that diverse, inclusive teams make the most impactful work. Cohere is deeply invested in ensuring that we have a supportive, growth-oriented environment that works for everyone.
What you will do:
- Establish software engineering best practices for machine learning model deployments, including CI/CD, automation, modularization, automated testing, and monitoring
- Develop and deploy scalable tools and services to manage machine learning training, inference, model versioning, model promotion/demotion, and model performance evaluation/tracking
- Identify and evaluate new technologies to improve performance, maintainability, scalability and reliability of our production machine learning systems
- Administer resource configuration, access, and alerts to ensure appropriate use of computational resources for model development and deployment
What you will have:
- You have 5+ years experience in applied DevOps for Machine Learning or Data Science teams in industry with a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, machine learning, software engineering or similar field
- Experience with model deployment, model maintenance and the methods to evaluate models in product use
- Expert in Python and Spark/pySpark
- Experience building end-to-end systems as a Platform Engineer, ML Engineer, Data Scientist or Data Engineer
- Experience developing and maintaining ML systems built with open source tools
- Strong understanding of software testing, benchmarking, and continuous integration
- Hands on experience using AWS tools and ElasticSearch
- You possess proven experience across a range of DevOps capabilities such as log aggregation, CI/CD, Linux, Docker and Kubernetes
Bonus points for:
- Experience with healthcare data such as claims and EMR data
- Experience with OCR
- Experience as a Machine Learning Engineer or Data Scientist
- Experience with graph databases
- Experience with TensorFlow is also a plus
We can’t wait to learn more about you and meet you at Cohere Health!
Equal Opportunity Statement
Cohere Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. To us, it’s personal.