Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
A Senior Software Engineer is responsible for implementation and delivery of backend services and data platform frameworks. They will leverage PaaS and IaaS cloud offerings to build services that support data management, infrastructure, AI services, and industry interoperability. They should contribute to projects and development efforts using agile methodologies.
- Write traditional code and server-less functions using the language best suited for the task, which typically include Scala, C#, T-SQL and PowerShell
- Build APIs and data microservices to share our data with internal and external partners. Write interfaces to public data sets to enrich our analytics data stores
- Participate in building and owning a culture of DevOps and Quality Assurance
- Continuously document your code, framework standards, and team processes
EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or equivalent experience required
- Five (5) or more years of experience in an enterprise or commercial software development environment. Healthcare IT background is highly preferred.
- Enterprise development experience coding in at least one, but preferably more than one, procedural/OO or functional programming language, including C#, Scala, Java, Python, PowerShell
- Experience deploying and running cloud-native, elastic application and data solutions (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Experience using query languages like SQL for relational and / or nonrelational data stores.
- Understanding of performance and scaling, as applied to backend/data stores
- Software testing fundamentals including automated unit and integration testing (we're big on TDD).
- Experience building streaming data pipelines using Kafka or Spark Streaming.
- Experience with functional programming in Scala
- Experience with API design.
- Experience building distributed systems with microservices and/or service-oriented architectures
- Familiarity with containerization/virtualization, e.g., Docker, Kubernetes
- Familiarity with CI/CD best practices
- Hands on Azure admin and devops experience
- Experience engineering big-data solutions using technologies like Databricks, Hive, and Spark strongly preferred
- Scala and C# strongly preferred
- Team player who is not afraid to ask questions, take risks, share in owning team victories as well as team failures
- Good communicator – both written and verbal – with high emotional intelligence
- Ability to focus on MVP and shipping software while remaining cognizant of the long-term costs of technical debt
To learn more about the Data Platform Team, check out this link: https://www.beforeyouapply.com/team/data-platform-at-bright-health
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We are realizing a completely different healthcare experience where payors, providers, doctors, and patients can all feel connected, aligned and unified on the same team. By eradicating the frictions of competing needs, we are making it possible to give everyone more of what they want and deserve. We do this by:
Focusing on Consumers
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
Building on Alignment
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.
Powered by Technology
We employ our purpose built, integrated data platform to connect clinical, financial, and social data, to deliver exceptional outcomes.