Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
We are searching for Software Engineers of all levels ready to take on a new challenge. As Software Engineer 3 you will be hands-on in the creation, feature development, and subsequent maintenance of Bright Health properties. Our teams use Flutter to build apps that will eventually reach millions of users in the US. The desire and ability to learn new technologies like Flutter will be essential for this role. You will be one of many software engineers working together to build best-in-class mobile and web experiences for our members. Prior Flutter experience is not a requirement, although it would be a plus.
We are looking for software engineering professionals with a growth mindset who believe that team success is personal success. If you have at least two or more years of professional development experience in a team environment that employed sound engineering principles, we'd love to chat with you!
The Software Engineer 3 description is intended to point out major responsibilities within the role, but it is not limited to these items.
- Collaborate directly with product managers, UX designers, and other teammates to define and implement mobile and web applications.
- Contribute up and down the product stack (frontend + some backend) to deliver the best user experience.
- Contribute across the complete development lifecycle, including technical design, work estimation, implementation of new features, and addressing feedback or bugs.
- Lead and contribute to continually improve the team's productivity, culture, and code quality.
- Peer review team member's code and provide constructive feedback to improve quality
- Create documentation and processes as needed to improve team productivity and transparency.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Five (5) or more years of experience in software development in a mature software organization.
- Three (3) or more years of experience with either native iOS / Android, or Web development preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field preferred.
- Experience building cloud-based applications using services like Azure or AWS.
- Experience scaling applications from prototype to tens of thousands of daily active users.
- Experience implementing Continuous Deployment processes and systems.
- Experience supporting the applications you have built.
- You have a growth mindset and help to lift others up
- You employ sound engineering principles in your day-to-day work
- You take pride in your work
- You love learning, and you love teaching
- You enjoy wearing multiple hats depending on what is required to deliver the best end-user experience
- You are self-organized and manage time and resources well
- You can work independently, but also communicate within a team
The majority of work responsibilities are performed in an open office setting, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk/table and working on the computer.
EEO/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We are realizing a completely different healthcare experience where payors, providers, doctors, and patients can all feel connected, aligned and unified on the same team. By eradicating the frictions of competing needs, we are making it possible to give everyone more of what they want and deserve. We do this by:
Focusing on Consumers
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
Building on Alignment
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.
Powered by Technology
We employ our purpose built, integrated data platform to connect clinical, financial, and social data, to deliver exceptional outcomes.