Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
The Software Engineering Architect will join a team dedicated to building the next-generation web platform which all Bright Health teams will leverage to build exceptional software at scale. The Software Engineering Architect will be responsible for understanding the “big picture” and be a key contributor in delivering new capabilities. Your customers are the software development teams and you will work in close concert with the Cloud Infrastructure, Information Security, and Site Reliability Engineering teams.
- Collaborate to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software or applications.
- Develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility.
- Successfully communicate all concepts and guidelines to the development team.
- Oversee progress of the development team to ensure consistency.
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers.
- Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility, etc.
- Work with our primary stakeholders, Bright Health software engineers, to craft solutions to remove friction in delivering exceptional applications at scale.
- Evangelize built solutions either via written documentation or live demonstrations.
- Partner with our Cloud Infrastructure, Information Security, and Site Reliability Engineering teams to foster a DevOps approach to designing last and enterprise solutions.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS in computer science, engineering, relevant field, or equivalent work experience required. (MS/MA preferred.)
- One (1)+ years of experience as a software architect
- 10+ years of experience in software development and coding in various languages (C#, .NET, Node.js, Java, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- Experience in designing systems that handle large amounts of sensitive data
- Experience in modeling data efficiently
- Experience with various relational and non-relational database technologies (e.g., SQL Server, Cosmos DB)
- Experience with cloud technologies, Azure is a plus.
- Experience with software quality assurance through automation
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail
- High quality organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and presentation abilities
To learn more about our tech stack, culture, and perks check out our Built In Austin page and our Before you Apply page.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We are realizing a completely different healthcare experience where payors, providers, doctors, and patients can all feel connected, aligned and unified on the same team. By eradicating the frictions of competing needs, we are making it possible to give everyone more of what they want and deserve. We do this by:
Focusing on Consumers
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
Building on Alignment
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.
Powered by Technology
We employ our purpose built, integrated data platform to connect clinical, financial, and social data, to deliver exceptional outcomes.