How you will help
At HealthVerity, privacy is at the forefront of our platform. As a Software Engineer on the Privacy Engineering team, you will support and extend the core technologies that preserve the privacy of patient and consumer data across a number of HealthVerity’s products and services. You will improve the core algorithms that power our patient de-identification and linkage technology. You will extend our blockchain-based consent management solution, ensuring the highest standards of data integrity and governance. You will help to optimize a secure multiparty computing solution that links millions of rows of healthcare and consumer data.
What you will do
• Work with key stakeholders to refine requirements and eliminate ambiguity
• Design, discuss, implement, and ship features extending Python-based services deployed to AWS
• Spearhead greenfield projects, leveraging the latest cloud technologies to solve novel business problems
• Work alongside a team of developers, reviewing code and discussing technical approaches to challenging problems with large organizational impact
• Hone your skills and grow as an engineer, sharing your expertise with your team and the organization at large
Our tech stack
The Privacy team leverages the following technologies in our day-to-day development process:
Python, Cython, Java, Go, Serverless Framework, AWS Lambda, AWS EC2, AWS S3, AWS Aurora, AWS DynamoDB, AWS Elasticache, Hyperledger Fabric, ZeroMQ
• Up to date on best practices and standards associated with Python and AWS products
• A strong communicator that works well in a collaborative environment
• Passionate about delivering quality solutions
• A cloud-native developer who leverages the latest cloud technologies
• Focused on creating remarkable experiences for users
Desired skills and experience
• 6+ years of professional work experience
• 3+ years Python experience
• Recent experience with AWS (Lambda, S3, Aurora)
• Familiarity with microservice design patterns
• Collaborative with an Entrepreneurial spirit
• Bonus: Familiar with continuous integration and continuous deployment technologies
Base salary for the role is commensurate with experience and can range between $63,000 - $250,000 + annual bonus opportunity.
At HealthVerity we are actively solving some of the greatest challenges in healthcare through innovative technology and data solutions. Our customers and partners including pharmaceutical manufacturers, payers and government organizations look to HealthVerity to partner on their most complicated use cases, leveraging our transformative technologies and real-world data infrastructure. The HealthVerity IPGE platform, based on the foundational elements of Identity, Privacy, Governance and Exchange, enables the discovery of RWD across the broadest healthcare data ecosystem, the building of more complete and accurate patient journeys and the ability to power best-in-class analytics and applications with flexibility and ease. To learn more about the HealthVerity IPGE platform, visit www.healthverity.com.
Why you'll love working here
We are making a difference – Our technology is at the forefront of some of the biggest healthcare challenges in the world.
We are one team – Our people define our culture and always will. We take time out to celebrate each other at the end of every week through company-wide shout outs, and acknowledge the value that each of us adds towards our greater mission. Come share all you have to offer.
We are learners – Every team member is continually learning, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or much longer. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our clients, partners, and each other.
Benefits & Perks
• Compensation: competitive base salary & annual bonus opportunity (for non-commissioned roles)
• Benefits: comprehensive benefits with coverage on Day 1, medical, dental, vision, 401k, stock options
• Flexible location: our HQ is in Philadelphia with 50% of the team distributed across 25+ states
• Generous PTO: Take time off as needed, targeted at 4 weeks per year, including vacation, personal and sick time, plus paid maternity and paternity leave.
• Comprehensive and individualized onboarding: mentorship program, departmental talks, and a library of resources are available beginning day 1 for each new team member to minimize the stress of starting a new job
• Professional development: biweekly 1:1s, hands-on leadership that is goal-and growth-oriented for each team member, and an annual budget to support professional development pursuits
HealthVerity is an equal opportunity employer devoted to inclusion in the workplace. We believe incorporating different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds make us stronger and encourages an environment where ageism, racism, sexism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia or any other form of discrimination are not tolerated. At HealthVerity, we’re working towards an innovative and connected future for healthcare data and believe the future is better together. We can only do that if everyone has a seat at the table. Read our Equity Inclusion and Diversity Statement.
If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com
HealthVerity offers in-office and remote options, so you can work from anywhere within the US! #LI-Remote