What we want to accomplish and why we need you
Suki is creating a new category in the health tech space – the digital assistant. We are going to be the voice user interface for healthcare. What does that mean? Currently, doctors use their electronic medical record system to track patient encounters (a digital version of the old paper charts you used to see in your doctor’s office and on TV). These systems can be hard to navigate and very time consuming to manage. Time that doctors would rather have to spend with their patients. We are creating the solution, come and join us! Doctors that use Suki already spend over 50% less time on administrative tasks and we’re striving to do even better.
What will you do everyday?
You’ll create engaging product experiences on iOS/Android and services that delight and empower doctors with experiences that they could never imagine with their health IT systems. You have an equal grasp of iOS and Android native development expertise in Swift/Objective-C/Kotlin/Java. You will work with the product, design and operations team to build the best product and support it. You will be DevOps friendly and you will write, test and deploy your own code. While you know how to work hard, you also know how to have fun at work, make friends with your colleagues and contribute to our diverse and inclusive culture. You will also contribute to making doctors’ lives better by reducing the administrative burden they face every day. You will be hungry to contribute and make a difference in the product quality.
Ok, you're sold, but what are we looking for in the perfect candidate?
- Expertise: you know how to code. You understand our tech stack and can be productive with it. In other words, you’ve done this before.
- Action oriented: You love to build. You know that perfect is the enemy of the good – you like to ship fast and quickly iterate.
- Creativity: You enjoy listening to user feedback and then building product in novel ways. You’re resourceful and enjoy finding alternate paths to success.
- Problem solving: you use data to help point you in the correct direction. You optimize relentlessly. You think business and engineering problems are like puzzles and you stick with them until they are solved.
- Humility: You’re humble and love working in a team without ego to deliver products
- Adaptability: You thrive in a fast-moving organization that uses light-weight process and cutting-edge technology to have a huge impact.
- Confidence: You trust your abilities and you’re ready to push yourself to the next level.
- Proficiency using iOS and Android development SDKs (XCode & Android Studio)
- Swift & Kotlin experience a plus
- Must have experience with testing tools like XCUITest, XCTest, Espresso etc.
- Experience building and shipping apps to Apple App & Google Play stores
- Must have at least 1+ apps on listed in App or Play store, preferably both
- Experience in working with large scale distributed applications
- 4+ years of work experience
- DevOps experience is a plus as well
- Any formal degree is preferred, but not necessary
- Strong grasp of CS fundamentals including algorithms, data structures and design is preferred
* We don’t necessarily expect to find a candidate that has done everything listed, but you should be able to make a credible case that you’ve done most of it and are ready for the challenge of adding some new things to your resume.
Tell me more about Suki
- Series C raised!
- On a roll: Announced major partnerships with Google
- Great team: Founded, managed and backed by successful veterans of Google and Apple in tech and UCSF and Stanford in medicine. We have technologists and doctors working side by side to solve difficult problems.
- Great investors: We’re backed by Venrock, First Round Capital, Flare Capital Partners, Marc Benioff and others.
- Huge market: Disrupting a massive, growing $30+ billion market for transcription, dictation and order entry solutions - our vision is to become the voice user interface for healthcare, bringing innovation that relieves the administrative burden on doctors instead of adding to it.
- Great customers: Help our doctors save time in their day so they can focus on providing great care.
- Impact: A fun and exciting start-up culture that empowers its people to make a huge impact.
Suki is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to building a company that fosters inclusion and belonging and reflects the diverse communities we serve across the country. We know we are stronger this way and we look forward to growing our team with these shared values.