What we want to accomplish and why we need you
Suki is creating a new category in the health-tech space: the digital assistant. Our product will be the voice user interface for healthcare. What does that mean? Currently, doctors use electronic health record systems to take notes on patient encounters. This is a digital version of the paper charts that you may have seen in your doctor’s office or on TV. These systems can be hard to navigate and time-consuming to manage. Doctors would rather spend that time with patients. We are creating the solution. Doctors that use Suki already spend over 70% less time on administrative tasks, and we’re striving to do even better. Come and join us!
We are a user-driven company and are committed to making sure every pixel of our product is in service of the doctor. We’re a team of technologists, clinicians, and industry experts working together to push the limits on technology used in medicine. We’re confident enough to move fast and talented enough not to break things. Check out this short video to learn more about our mission and our culture.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Director of Engineering for our Backend applications development team. The team is responsible for all critical platform/Services across different channels for our Suki Digital Assistant (end user) and Suki Speech Platform (SSP) Products.
Specifically, you will:
- Lead a team of strong engineers to deliver on complex business features end to end
- Drive product roadmap and strategic direction
- Collaborate with Engineering leaders to develop and meet organization goals
- Work on multiple tasks and prioritize responsibilities within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Understand production systems, deployments and ensuring application performance and uptime
- Hire world class talent cutting across technology roles
- Create a collaborative environment across geographies
- Maintain high standards of code quality through evangelization of unit testing and integration tests
- Drive best practices around continuous integration and deployment
You will work directly with the microservices that integrate Suki products with some of the world's top health systems. You will build out features and services that directly impact doctors and their patients. You will drive the strategy and technical direction of our EMR integration efforts, exploring ways to standardize, streamline, and scale our integration platform. You will be the builders of the systems that bring Suki to thousands of clinicians and improve their lives everyday
Ok, you're sold, but what are we looking for in the perfect candidate?
- Self-starter: You are motivated by impossible challenges and energized by creating something new.
- Action oriented: You love to build. You know that perfect is the enemy of the good – you like to ship fast and quickly iterate.
- Discipline: You have discipline to keep current priorities visible and on a path toward success, while developing an entrepreneurial spirit across the team that encourages discussion and experimentation. You have the appropriate balance of patience and impatience.
- Resourceful: You enjoy listening to user feedback and then building product in novel ways. You enjoy finding alternate paths to success.
- User-centered: You are obsessed with the customer experience. You can translate key consumer needs into business and product requirements. You have an innate understanding of user behavior.
- A Communicator: you have strong written communication skills, write great product specs the engineers love to read and are responsive.
- Passion: You are as passionate about our mission as we are.
- 10+ years’ experience in designing and developing highly scalable, distributed applications, products and services
- 5+ years of experience managing engineering teams
- Strong foundation in data structures, algorithms, concurrent programming
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross functional teams to solve complex problems and building products spanning across geographically distributed teams to deliver end-to-end products & features
- Excellent written/verbal communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Experience with agile methodologies and good exposure to DevOps/CICD models
- Bachelors/Masters degree from a Tier-1 college or university
Tell me more about Suki
- On a roll: Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative companies, named Google’s Partner of the Year for AI/ML, named by Forbes as one of the top 50 companies in AI .
- Great team: Founded, managed, and backed by successful tech veterans from Google and Apple and medical leaders from UCSF and Stanford. We have technologists and doctors working side-by-side to solve complex problems.
- Great investors: We’re backed by Venrock, First Round Capital, Flare Capital, March Capital , and others. With our $55M Series C financing, we have the resources to scale.
- Huge market: Disrupting a massive, growing $30+ billion market for transcription, dictation, and order-entry solutions. Our vision is to become the voice user interface for healthcare, relieving the administrative burden on doctors instead of adding to it.
- Great customers: Our solutions are used in health systems and clinics across the country, supporting clinicians across dozens of specialties. Check out what one of our users says about how Suki has helped his practice.
- Impact: You’ll make an impact from day one. You’ll join a team working towards a shared purpose with a culture built upon deep empathy for doctors and passion for making their lives better.
Suki is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to building a company that fosters inclusion and belonging and reflects the diverse communities we serve across the country. We know we are stronger this way, and we look forward to growing our team with these shared values.