What we want to accomplish and why we need you
Suki is creating a new category in the health-tech space: the digital assistant. Our product will be the voice user interface for healthcare. What does that mean? Currently, doctors use electronic health record systems to take notes on patient encounters. This is a digital version of the paper charts that you may have seen in your doctor’s office or on TV. These systems can be hard to navigate and time-consuming to manage. Doctors would rather spend that time with patients. We are creating the solution. Doctors that use Suki already spend over 70% less time on administrative tasks, and we’re striving to do even better. Come and join us!
We are a user-driven company and are committed to making sure every pixel of our product is in service of the doctor. We’re a team of technologists, clinicians, and industry experts working together to push the limits on technology used in medicine. We’re confident enough to move fast and talented enough not to break things. Check out this short video to learn more about our mission and our culture.
What you will do every day
You will play the essential role of representing the physician’s point of view both to external stakeholders and internally within Suki. You will be the primary bridge between the worlds of technology and clinical medicine.
You will help doctors and health system executives imagine how Suki can transform clinical workflow. You will showcase Suki’s technology using believable and engaging clinical cases. You will listen deeply to the needs of clinicians, and figure out what problems Suki can solve for them. You will help our team configure and deploy Suki so that doctors get the most out of the product’s current capabilities. You will bring your insights back to the product development team so that Suki’s future capabilities solve the right problems for doctors.
While you know how to work hard, you also know how to have fun at work, make friends with your colleagues and contribute to our diverse and inclusive culture. You will contribute to making doctors’ lives better by reducing the administrative burden they face every day.
Ok, you're sold, but what are we looking for in the perfect candidate?
- Externally represent Suki with clinical credibility, most importantly in sales and user deployment settings, also at conferences and clinical meetings.
- Demo the Suki Digital Assistant effectively, showcasing the product’s capabilities using compelling clinical content from a variety of medical specialties. Enable the sales team to demo independently by providing content in a way that optimally showcases the product.
- Work with the marketing team on strategy for reaching physicians and health systems, and contribute content such as videos, blogs, and white papers.
- Interface with clinician champions and other key stakeholders within health systems. Develop relationships with pioneering physicians in each health system to ensure success during initial implementation.
- Collaborate with the customer success team to help them understand physician workflow and set up user accounts for maximum success, especially for deployments in new health systems, with EMRs and medical specialties that may be new to Suki.
- Represent the physician point of view to the product, design, and engineering teams, helping them interpret user feedback and understand what physicians are trying to achieve. Collaborate on clinical product strategy and roadmap.
- Engage a physician advisory board made up of Suki users so that the technology team gets continual access to feedback from physicians to guide product development.
- Ensure the accuracy and relevance of clinical content within the Suki application, including a library of specialty-specific templates, search accuracy for diagnosis and procedure codes, and the medical accuracy of Suki’s speech-to-text engine.
- Contribute to Suki’s clinician-centered culture, as a key member of a fast-growing team with potential for significant, long-term impact in healthcare technology and the practice of medicine.
- For senior candidates, expect to recruit and manage a clinical team with expertise across different medical specialties over time.
- MD or DO with board certification (required) and an active medical license (preferred)
- Located in the United States, with preference to candidates in the SF Bay Area
- 2+ years prior work experience in a corporate setting (e.g. tech company, consulting)
- Comfortable representing a range of clinical specialties and practice settings
- Facile with new technology, familiar with consumer voice assistants (Siri, Alexa), familiar with the most common EMR systems (Epic, Cerner)
- Customer-centric, listens and communicates well with external stakeholders
- Strong verbal presentation and written communication skills
- Entrepreneurial mind-set, finds a way when faced with challenges
- Analytical and data-oriented
- Team player who is eager to understand motivations of different stakeholders and collaborates to achieve results
- Exceptional work ethic and start-up mentality, willing to pick up any job that needs doing
- Fit in with Suki’s culture, share our passion for Suki’s mission
- Candidates who wish to continue practicing medicine part-time are encouraged to do so, as long as the commitment during weekday working hours is minimized
Not sure if you meet all of the qualifications? We don’t expect every candidate to have done everything listed above, but you should be able to make a credible case that you meet most of the criteria and are ready for the challenge of adding new technologies to your résumé.
This position is remote within the Pacific, Mountain, and Central time zones of the United States. You are welcome to visit and/or work out of our office in Redwood City, California. One week a year, we gather for a company-wide retreat.
Tell me more about Suki
- On a roll: Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative companies, named Google’s Partner of the Year for AI/ML, named by Forbes as one of the top 50 companies in AI .
- Great team: Founded, managed, and backed by successful tech veterans from Google and Apple and medical leaders from UCSF and Stanford. We have technologists and doctors working side-by-side to solve complex problems.
- Great investors: We’re backed by Venrock, First Round Capital, Flare Capital, March Capital , and others. With our $55M Series C financing, we have the resources to scale.
- Huge market: Disrupting a massive, growing $30+ billion market for transcription, dictation, and order-entry solutions. Our vision is to become the voice user interface for healthcare, relieving the administrative burden on doctors instead of adding to it.
- Great customers: Our solutions are used in health systems and clinics across the country, supporting clinicians across dozens of specialties. Check out what one of our users says about how Suki has helped his practice.
- Impact: You’ll make an impact from day one. You’ll join a team working towards a shared purpose with a culture built upon deep empathy for doctors and passion for making their lives better.
Suki is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to building a company that fosters inclusion and belonging and reflects the diverse communities we serve across the country. We know we are stronger this way, and we look forward to growing our team with these shared values.