What we want to accomplish and why we need you
Suki is creating a new category in the health-tech space: the digital assistant. Our product will be the voice user interface for healthcare. What does that mean? Currently, doctors use electronic medical-record systems to take notes on patient encounters. This is a digital version of the paper charts that you may have seen in your doctor’s office or on TV. These systems can be hard to navigate and time-consuming to manage. Doctors would rather spend that time with patients. We are creating the solution. Doctors that use Suki already spend over 70% less time on administrative tasks, and we’re striving to do even better. Come and join us!
We are a user-driven company and spend time with our customers to understand features that will truly make their lives better. We’re a team of technologists, clinicians, and industry experts working together to push the limits on technology used in medicine. We’re confident enough to move fast and talented enough not to break things.
What will you do every day?
You will work closely with the product development team at Suki, clinical informaticists and IT departments of health systems to integrate Suki Products into Epic/Cerner health systems. A big part of this work will include integrations focused on voice and dictation flows into the world's top EMRs. You understand clinical workflows in Epic/Cerner intimately, and have firsthand experience configuring them in EMRs for clinicians. You are familiar with structured and unstructured data components that comprise a typical encounter, whether in Ambulatory, IP, or ED space. You will drive the strategy and technical direction of our EMR integration efforts. You will contribute to making doctors’ lives better by reducing the administrative burden they face every day.
Ok, you're sold, but what are we looking for in the perfect candidate?
- Creativity: You enjoy listening to user feedback and building products in novel ways. You’re resourceful and enjoy finding alternate paths to success.
- Problem-solving: you use data to help point you in the correct direction. You optimize relentlessly. You think business and engineering problems are like puzzles and you stick with them until they are solved.
- Humility: You’re humble and love working in a team without ego to deliver products
- Adaptability: You thrive in a fast-moving organization that uses light-weight process and cutting-edge technology to have a huge impact.
- Confidence: You trust your abilities and you’re ready to push yourself to the next level.
- Communication: You are a clear communicator and demonstrated consensus-builder
- 4+ years of experience, working at health systems implementing Epic / Cerner modules
- Intimate knowledge of Golang and the ability to add and modify functionality to improve current integration capabilities.
- Very capable of communication with existing microservices using protobufs as a data flow mechanism.
- Knows how to containerize services using docker and kubernetes.
- You have worked closely with Information Services / IT departments of health systems
- Epic and / or Cerner certification are a plus
- Experience with medical voice and dictation systems is a plus
* Requirements is such a strong word. We don’t necessarily expect to find a candidate that has done everything listed, but you should be able to make a credible case that you’ve done most of it and are ready for the challenge of adding some new things to your resume.
Tell me more about Suki
- On a roll: Named by Forbes as one of the top 50 companies in AI; named "Best New Startup" by Rock Health; announced major partnership with Google.
- Great team: Founded, managed, and backed by successful tech veterans from Google and Apple and medical leaders from UCSF and Stanford. We have technologists and doctors working side-by-side to solve difficult problems.
- Great investors: We’re backed by Venrock, First Round Capital, Marc Benioff, and others. With our $55M Series C financing, we have the resources to scale.
- Huge market: Disrupting a massive, growing $30+ billion market for transcription, dictation, and order-entry solutions. Our vision is to become the voice user interface for healthcare, relieving the administrative burden on doctors instead of adding to it.
- Great customers: Help our doctors save time on data entry so they can focus on providing great care.
- Impact: You’ll make an impact from day 1 and join a team working towards a shared purpose. A start-up culture with deep empathy for doctors and passion to make their lives better.
Suki is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to building a company that fosters inclusion and belonging and reflects the diverse communities we serve across the country. We know we are stronger this way and we look forward to growing our team with these shared values.