What we want to accomplish and why we need you
Suki is creating a new category in the health-tech space: the digital assistant. Our product will be the voice user interface for healthcare. What does that mean? Currently, doctors use electronic health record systems to take notes on patient encounters. This is a digital version of the paper charts that you may have seen in your doctor’s office or on TV. These systems can be hard to navigate and time-consuming to manage. Doctors would rather spend that time with patients. We are creating the solution. Doctors that use Suki already spend over 70% less time on administrative tasks, and we’re striving to do even better. Come and join us!
We are a user-driven company and are committed to making sure every pixel of our product is in service of the doctor. We’re a team of technologists, clinicians, and industry experts working together to push the limits on technology used in medicine. We’re confident enough to move fast and talented enough not to break things. Check out this short video to learn more about our mission and our culture.
About the Role:
As Clinical Director, Customer Success, you will serve as the clinical expert in our Customer Success team and be key to driving adoption and client satisfaction across Suki’s client base. Your primary role is to develop strong relationships with key clinical stakeholders, establish highly-effective workflows incorporating Suki and educate our Customer Success team on impactful clinical engagement. You will report to the VP, Customer Success & Operations.
You are passionate about technology and driving change in healthcare through technology. As a Nurse Practitioner or Physician’s Assistant with experience in primary care, you observed clinician burnout firsthand and have empathy for those still struggling from the burden of documentation.
You are an expert in clinical documentation and workflows, and have direct experience using Epic or Cerner (preferably both). You understand the key differences in ambulatory and inpatient workflows, as well as across specialities. You are familiar with value-based care and the changing documentation requirements related to quality and coding.
You will be responsible for conducting workflow analysis throughout the client lifecycle, and defining workflows and templates to optimize the use of Suki in collaboration with our clients. You will also participate in sales pitches and deployments, and be able to speak eloquently about the value of Suki and how the Suki Assistant integrates with EMRs. You are adept at developing relationships with doctors and nurses alike, and are able to influence clients to make the changes needed to achieve meaningful impact from Suki.
Coaching will be a key part of your role as well. You will demo Suki and teach select clinical champions how to use the Suki Assistant, ensuring client buy-in amongst key client influences. You will coach clinical champions and Suki team members on documentation best practices and Suki’s value add.
You will collaborate with teams across Suki to achieve our goals, and strive for excellence in all you do. You are driven and flexible, and excited to join a fast-moving startup focused on improving the lives of clinicians!
Ok, you're sold, but what are we looking for in the perfect candidate?
- Executive-Level Presence and Communications: Ability to communicate both internally and externally with professionalism in person, on video, on the phone, and over email with C-level executives, providers and colleagues.
- Technical Skill: You will need to develop a deep understanding of our product and how it integrates with EMRs. You will be able to translate that into education to our enterprise clients and end users.
- Adaptability: You thrive in a fast-moving organization that uses light-weight processes and cutting-edge technology to have a huge impact.
- High-Accountability: You can be counted on to consistently deliver high-quality work.
- User-focused: You are obsessed with the customer experience. You can translate key consumer needs into business and product requirements. You have an innate understanding of user behavior, and ensure users are receiving 100% quality service.
- Detail Oriented: You need a high degree of attention to small details along with the ability to quickly iterate on our deployment playbooks and processes.
- Travel: You are willing to travel extensively to client sites and to Suki’s Redwood City office for targeted onsite collaboration sessions.
- Flexibility: You will need to work flexible hours based upon client’s and providers’ schedules in different time zones across the US..
- 10+ years of working experience, including 5+ years of clinical experience as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician’s Assistant with experience in primary care
- Strong understanding of medical documentation and clinical workflows across specialties and settings; clinical informatics experience is a strong plus
- Experience managing or training other clinicians around documentation or processes, with preference given to those with more extensive software/technology experience and client services experience
- Exceptional communication, collaboration, presentation, and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to think critically, prioritize effectively and communicate expediently
- Strong project management skills
- Creative problem solving skills and solution-oriented approach
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Suite and Microsoft office.
* Requirements is such a strong word. We don’t necessarily expect to find a candidate that has done everything listed, but you should be able to make a credible case that you’ve done most of it and are ready for the challenge of adding some new things to your resume.
Tell me more about Suki
- On a roll: Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative companies, named Google’s Partner of the Year for AI/ML, named by Forbes as one of the top 50 companies in AI .
- Great team: Founded, managed, and backed by successful tech veterans from Google and Apple and medical leaders from UCSF and Stanford. We have technologists and doctors working side-by-side to solve complex problems.
- Great investors: We’re backed by Venrock, First Round Capital, Flare Capital, March Capital , and others. With our $55M Series C financing, we have the resources to scale.
- Huge market: Disrupting a massive, growing $30+ billion market for transcription, dictation, and order-entry solutions. Our vision is to become the voice user interface for healthcare, relieving the administrative burden on doctors instead of adding to it.
- Great customers: Our solutions are used in health systems and clinics across the country, supporting clinicians across dozens of specialties. Check out what one of our users says about how Suki has helped his practice.
- Impact: You’ll make an impact from day one. You’ll join a team working towards a shared purpose with a culture built upon deep empathy for doctors and passion for making their lives better.
Please note: this position is in Redwood City, CA or remote within the continental United States. We cannot support relocation or visa transitions. Accordingly, applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Suki is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to building a company that fosters inclusion and belonging and reflects the diverse communities we serve across the country. We know we are stronger this way, and we look forward to growing our team with these shared values.