Reporting to: Chief Commercial Officer
Type: Permanent – Remote; Eastern/Central Time zone preferred
Are you a business development executive that loves consultative sales of innovative solutions to health plans and payers that improve the satisfaction, health outcomes and productivity of their members while reducing total cost of care?
Does selling the first-of-its-kind solution into a $136Bn market opportunity sound exciting to you?
Do you thrive in a rapidly evolving, fast-paced company and market that require creativity, resourcefulness, high energy and an ability to adapt quickly?
If so, you could be a perfect fit for our team of like-minded professionals who share a common mission and passion for helping others and a desire to build a great company.
Oshi Health is the only virtual-first clinic for digestive (GI) conditions that provides easy, convenient access to an integrated and multidisciplinary care team that diagnoses, monitors and treats the 70mm+ people living with digestive health conditions. We take time to get to know each patient, develop a personalized, whole-person care plan that includes identification of symptom triggers and prescription of evidence-based interventions, including medications, dietary changes, and mental health support. Our care is delivered virtually through our app, secure messaging and telehealth visits.
Traditional GI care is not efficient and effective and centered around the provider getting paid for costly, and often times unnecessary procedures, not the solutions and support patients want and need. We’re here to change that paradigm.
We are seeking a Business Development Executive to bring this innovative new care offering to health plan customers and associated partners across the US. This role will report directly to the Chief Commercial Officer and work closely with the Leadership Team, Board and advisors to build the business.
What You’ll Do:
- Generate market awareness and interest by positioning Oshi Health as a market leader in the virtual care 1st market through outreach to key prospects and partners. Refine B2B marketing and positioning language and materials, drive outreach and develop a robust pipeline.
- Identify, qualify and close opportunities with regional or national healthcare plans with a focus on driving new business growth.
- Create, update and utilize a comprehensive territory business plan.
- Establish credibility and build strong relationships with multiple department heads, key decision makers and influencers at health systems and providers, including C-suite.
- Build and maintain a robust pipeline with qualified opportunities, and effectively move them through the selling process via CRM.
- Establish strong competitive intelligence, by learning everything possible about our competitor's products, strategy, and sales approach in the marketplace.
- Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively with various functional areas.
- Achieve and exceed new business quotas.
- Keep the Oshi Health CRM system up to date with all sales activities.
- Provide tactical support of strategic objectives defined by executive management and sales leadership.
Results you will drive:
- New customer contracts
- Robust and continuously growing sales pipeline
- Bookings and revenue in alignment with your objectives and Oshi Health’s OKRs
- Customer satisfaction as the key relationship owner
- Brand awareness across the healthcare industry and ecosystem
- Learnings and Voice of the Customer input that can be shared broadly across the company
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- 10+ years of experience and proven track record of success selling innovative solutions to national and regional health plans and payers, preferably with past experience selling tech-enabled clinical health services that improve outcomes and lower cost
- Deep understanding of the motivations and buying dynamics within health plans, as well as how to engage key ecosystem partners (e.g., self-insured employers, benefit consultants, care navigation companies, etc.).
- Demonstrated success in closing complex sales that require buy-in from multiple constituents. Adept at identifying each step of the process and when to involve senior leadership and other internal resources for closing support.
- Successful delivery through all stages of plan sales cycle, manage deals through to close and partner with customer success to ensure continuity.
- Existing network of decision makers and connectors within the healthcare ecosystem, specifically with payers.
- Proven self-starter that can thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, is comfortable with ambiguity and has a passion for challenging the status quo in healthcare
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills with comfort selling to C-suite and executive decision makers at health plans and employers
- Proven ability to identify and engage regional health plan decision makers
Oshi Health’s Core Values:
- Own the Outcome - Creative, Accountable, Resourceful & Empower
- Do the Right Thing - Always put patients first. Ethical and compassionate behavior drive our decisions, reputation and results
- Be Direct & Open - Transparent internally and externally
- Learn & Improve - Create space to learn, ask for and give help
- Team - Cultivate strong relationships. Collaborate across functions to achieve our goals. Acknowledge and celebrate our wins
- Thrive on Diversity - Diverse backgrounds and perspectives fuel our success. Stretch and challenge ourselves to have an inclusive culture
Oshi Health is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.