Working at Replica Analytics (recently acquired by Aetion) is a unique opportunity to advance health care, AI and privacy at the same time – three of the hottest topics in the world today. Our Replica Synthesis engineering group is responsible for all aspects of our flagship product including design, development, deployment, and operation. Replica Synthesis is a distributed application that allows our users to generate synthetic data either through our API or UI. If you enjoy a highly interdisciplinary, innovative and supportive environment, this may be the right job for you.
We are hiring a Staff Software Engineer to:
- Lead the design and implementation of new features for Replica Synthesis
- Propose and implement technical and architectural solutions to solve scaling and performance problems
- Collaborate with other engineers to resolve complex technical problems
- Collaborate with data scientists to integrate new algorithms, machine learning and deep learning methods into Replica Synthesis
- Identify opportunities for innovation
- Contribute to software development process improvement
- Mentor other members of the engineering team
- Evaluate technical and soft skills of candidates to join the engineering team
We are looking for individuals to develop robust, scalable, and maintainable production software. The characteristics we are looking for are a:
- Self-starter with a strong sense of ownership.
- Strong communicator with the ability for verbal and written expression.
- Strong interest in working with a remote team and a willingness to ask questions and share information with the rest of the team.
- Dedication to automated testing and delivering high quality software.
A Staff Software Engineer at Replica Analytics usually has 8+ years of experience and:
- Demonstrated experience in architecting, building and scaling platforms and distributed systems that require high availability and resilience.
- Experience deploying and operating distributed applications in AWS, Azure and/or GCP.
- Experience with building microservices in Python or Java.
- Experience developing and maintaining customer-facing APIs, SDKs and developer guides.
- Experience with ETL and building machine learning and deep learning pipelines.
- Experience working with scalable data processing frameworks such as Hadoop/Spark or Ray.
- Experience working with frontend frameworks such as React.
- Experience with container orchestration frameworks such as Kubernetes
- Lead at all levels – Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders and technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports and maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, and HIMSS.
- Social and energetic offices – with a modern layout, and a giant kitchen and eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, and industry meetups and events.
- Great perks – We offer competitive salaries, top-of-the-line benefits, company ownership stock options, unlimited vacation, and 401(k) match
- Company Accolades – Aetion is the recipient of numerous prestigious awards:
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.