Suki is creating a new category in the health-tech space: the digital assistant. Our product will be the voice user interface for healthcare. What does that mean? Currently, doctors use electronic health record systems to take notes on patient encounters. This is a digital version of the paper charts that you may have seen in your doctor’s office or on TV. These systems can be hard to navigate and time-consuming to manage. Doctors would rather spend that time with patients. We are creating the solution. Doctors that use Suki already spend over 70% less time on administrative tasks, and we’re striving to do even better. Come and join us!
We are a user-driven company and are committed to making sure every pixel of our product is in service of the doctor. We’re a team of technologists, clinicians, and industry experts working together to push the limits on technology used in medicine. We’re confident enough to move fast and talented enough not to break things. Check out this short video to learn more about our mission and our culture.
- Own UI/UX design for Suki’s innovative consumer/prosumer Web and mobile apps for doctors, and enterprise web apps used by administrators and operations professionals
- Show off your outstanding design and design-leaderhip capabilities, as you guide the team charged with crafting beautiful, super easy-to-use software with sophisticated touch- and speech-interaction capabilities
- Help identify and fill gaps in the organization, tools, and processes that need to evolve as Suki scales up
- Sweat the details: Lead the charge in optimizing Suki’s fit & finish
- Help other designers understand best practices for design systems and reusable components
- Work cross-functionally working with product management, engineering teams, and executives
- Become an evangelist for Suki’s design principles within and outside Suki
- Driven to make beautiful, polished, super-efficient digital products
- Can point us to a portfolio of apps and/or web-services for which you led design or made major design contributions
- Recent experience leading design for high-quality currently-shipping mobile apps or web apps
- Extensive eperience working with product management, engineering teams, and executives on sophisticated digital products
- Experience designing innovative, fluid interaction approaches is a big plus
- Engagement with wider design community is a plus (e.g. writing articles on design).
- Agency experience is also a plus
- Ideally local to San Francisco bay area (Suki is in Redwood City), but not a requirement
Not sure if you meet all of the qualifications? We don’t expect every candidate to have done everything listed above, but you should be able to make a credible case that you meet most of the criteria and are ready for the challenge of adding new technologies to your résumé.
This position is remote within the Pacific, Mountain, and Central time zones of the United States. You are welcome to visit and/or work out of our office in Redwood City, California. One week a year, we gather for a company-wide retreat.
Tell me more about Suki
- On a roll: Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative companies, named Google’s Partner of the Year for AI/ML, named by Forbes as one of the top 50 companies in AI .
- Great team: Founded, managed, and backed by successful tech veterans from Google and Apple and medical leaders from UCSF and Stanford. We have technologists and doctors working side-by-side to solve complex problems.
- Great investors: We’re backed by Venrock, First Round Capital, Flare Capital, March Capital , and others. With our $55M Series C financing, we have the resources to scale.
- Huge market: Disrupting a massive, growing $30+ billion market for transcription, dictation, and order-entry solutions. Our vision is to become the voice user interface for healthcare, relieving the administrative burden on doctors instead of adding to it.
- Great customers: Our solutions are used in health systems and clinics across the country, supporting clinicians across dozens of specialties. Check out what one of our users says about how Suki has helped his practice.
- Impact: You’ll make an impact from day one. You’ll join a team working towards a shared purpose with a culture built upon deep empathy for doctors and passion for making their lives better.
Suki is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to building a company that fosters inclusion and belonging and reflects the diverse communities we serve across the country. We know we are stronger this way, and we look forward to growing our team with these shared values.