What we want to accomplish and why we need you
Suki is creating a new category in the health-tech space: the digital assistant. Our product will be the voice user interface for healthcare. What does that mean? Currently, doctors use electronic health record systems to take notes on patient encounters. This is a digital version of the paper charts that you may have seen in your doctor’s office or on TV. These systems can be hard to navigate and time-consuming to manage. Doctors would rather spend that time with patients. We are creating the solution. Doctors that use Suki already spend over 70% less time on administrative tasks, and we’re striving to do even better. Come and join us!
We are a user-driven company and are committed to making sure every pixel of our product is in service of the doctor. We’re a team of technologists, clinicians, and industry experts working together to push the limits on technology used in medicine. We’re confident enough to move fast and talented enough not to break things. Check out this short video to learn more about our mission and our culture.
What you will do every day
- Build enterprise-grade Cloud infrastructure for business needs, primarily with GCP products.
- Create Cloud standards and best practices for high availability & reliability business needs.
- Use Terraform and Helm to automate GCP tasks and Kubernetes deployments
- Direct, handle and resolve support tickets related to business requirements in GCP
- Work closely with developers to design highly available and scalable deployments of microservices.
- Provision GCP networking, VPCs and VPN connections.
- Build fully automated CI/CD processes using Gitflow, Google cloudbuild & Argocd.
- Be part of an on-call rotation to support production systems.
- Be a creative and dynamic cross-functional technical resource with the endurance for a fast-paced start-up environment.
Ok, you're sold, but what are we looking for in the perfect candidate?
- GCP Professional and Specialty Certifications with 3+ years of experience.
- Proficient in a programming or scripting language like GoLang or Python
- 3+ years of Kubernetes experience managing cloud-native, container-based applications with microservice architecture.
- Understanding of infrastructure as code, ideally solid experience with Terraform.
- DB administration experience including both relational schema design and non-relation architectures along with SQL optimization.
- Proficient in CICD tooling and automation capabilities using CludBuild, Jenkins or similar automation platforms.
- Excellent debugging, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience with developing and maintaining Helm Charts.
- Solid linux administration skills.
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience in software development, preferably in DevOps/SRE
- Extensive cloud deployment/systems experience, preferably with GCP.
- You are experienced in setting up CICD pipelines for microservices using CloudBuild, Helm, ArgoCD.
- You have Strong understanding of networking, DNS, HTTP and Restful services.
- You are organized, self-driven, capable and willing to resolve issues from L1-L3 as needed.
Not sure if you meet all of the qualifications? We don’t expect every candidate to have done everything listed above, but you should be able to make a credible case that you meet most of the criteria and are ready for the challenge of adding new technologies to your résumé.
This position is remote within the Pacific, Mountain, and Central time zones of the United States. You are welcome to visit and/or work out of our office in Redwood City, California. One week a year, we gather for a company-wide retreat.
Tell me more about Suki
- On a roll: Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative companies, named Google’s Partner of the Year for AI/ML, named by Forbes as one of the top 50 companies in AI .
- Great team: Founded, managed, and backed by successful tech veterans from Google and Apple and medical leaders from UCSF and Stanford. We have technologists and doctors working side-by-side to solve complex problems.
- Great investors: We’re backed by Venrock, First Round Capital, Flare Capital, March Capital , and others. With our $55M Series C financing, we have the resources to scale.
- Huge market: Disrupting a massive, growing $30+ billion market for transcription, dictation, and order-entry solutions. Our vision is to become the voice user interface for healthcare, relieving the administrative burden on doctors instead of adding to it.
- Great customers: Our solutions are used in health systems and clinics across the country, supporting clinicians across dozens of specialties. Check out what one of our users says about how Suki has helped his practice.
- Impact: You’ll make an impact from day one. You’ll join a team working towards a shared purpose with a culture built upon deep empathy for doctors and passion for making their lives better.
Suki is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to building a company that fosters inclusion and belonging and reflects the diverse communities we serve across the country. We know we are stronger this way, and we look forward to growing our team with these shared values.