At Rock Health, we’re making healthcare massively better by investing in the next generation of entrepreneurs, advising major corporations on what matters in digital health, and working to scale health equity for all humanity.
About Rock Health Advisory
Rock Health Advisory works with leading Fortune 500 companies—across healthcare, technology, retail, and more—on strategies to bridge the gap between entrepreneurial innovation and the status quo by improving their existing products and services and building new ones.
Within Rock Health Advisory, the Membership program empowers leaders at major corporations with the knowledge, resources, and community to drive digital innovation. Our Members—who include companies like CVS Health, GSK, and Banner Health—are a critical part of the digital health ecosystem, driving the adoption of new technologies and advancing innovation in healthcare at scale. Rock Health supports our Members by leveraging our research, data, and investing expertise to inform their digital innovation strategies, in addition to helping to grow their network and brand in healthcare innovation.
About the Role:
We’re hiring an Account Manager role as part of the Dedicated Advisor team within Memberships. You will support Rock Health’s customer relationships by helping to service, delight, renew, and grow relationships with existing Members.
Your success will be evaluated on three priority areas:
- Renewing (and delighting!) a portfolio of Members, as their Dedicated Advisor
- Strategically growing Member relationships within your portfolio across Rock Health Advisory (e.g., through expanding price per Member, Consulting sales)
- Leading development and execution of current Membership programming and processes that supports the growth of the program on the whole
This role will report to the Head of Memberships and work collaboratively with the Dedicated Advisor and Research teams.
This role will start remotely and be adherent to the COVID-related policies of Rock Health. Long-term, this role will preferably be based in San Francisco.
You’re a skilled relationship-builder who is interested in learning about every person you meet. You’re humble and care deeply about making a difference—ideally by having a massive impact in healthcare. You approach relationships prioritizing the long-term growth and opportunity for all parties—and can sniff out and avoid transactional scenarios that could ultimately harm relationships. You love delighting clients and closing deals and have the persistence, creativity, and humanity to get to “yes.” You recognize the value Rock Health provides and are skillful at communicating that vision to others. You’re also a creative, out-of-the-box thinker who, in the face of ambiguity, can identify and execute on new opportunities to drive value to Rock Health’s Member ecosystem.
Account Management of Portfolio
- Independently own, build, and manage relationships with a portfolio of Rock Health Members, including leading regular check-in calls, Quarterly Business Reviews, and in-person meetings (when safe to do so)
- The Manager will build strong relationships with Members and ensure they are bringing key constituents into the fold to expand Rock Health’s reach and impact within the organization
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of Members’ business, strategy, and digital health-related initiatives—and act as the “voice of the member” in internal Rock Health team discussions, advocating for their point of view while balancing additional priorities of Rock Health
- Optimize the capture and dissemination of this information among the Rock Health team (using the CRM and other tools as needed)
- Independently build and execute on plans to renew existing Member relationships and to upsell Members when appropriate, either for Consulting services or within the Membership program
- Manage the contracting process for renewing members and negotiate key contract terms
- Oversee execution of Member services (e.g., monthly memos, webinars) and look for opportunities for improvement from a value creation and efficiency standpoint
- Work with other Memberships team members to plan biannual member retreats and dinners, and ensure Members have a valuable experience at all Rock Health events
- Work with leadership of the Memberships team to ensure program offerings are consistently refreshed and exceeding the needs of Members—communicate to leadership key learnings from current portfolio Members, contribute to ideation sessions to evolve the products/services of Membership, and execute on new offerings
- Work with the Research team to ensure smooth delivery (and feedback mechanisms) for all services, resources, events, and other deliverables
Membership Internal Processes
- Maintain Membership-related information assets, including slide decks, and relevant portions of the Rock Health website—working in coordination with the brand/comms and research teams to ensure all information is always up to date
Ecosystem Collaboration in Service to Members
- Proactively “connect the dots” between the strategies of Rock Health’s Members and those of portfolio companies, other startups, and deal flow companies
- Maintain relationships with digital health entrepreneurs to keep a pulse on emerging technologies on behalf of Members
Other duties as needed and as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills:
- 3-5 years account management experience—healthcare-related field strongly preferred
- Excellent written, oral communication, and presentation skills
- Insatiable intellectual curiosity and fanatical attention to detail
- Talent for networking—meeting new people and connecting people—and developing productive business relationships
- Ability to work on multiple projects in parallel with consistent high quality
- Self-starter who is able to navigate uncertainty and thrive with minimal management
- Solid understanding of the healthcare industry and technology innovation
- Ability to communicate thoughtfully, confidently, and succinctly with senior executives