At Rock Health, we’re making healthcare massively better by investing in the next generation of entrepreneurs, advising major corporations on what matters in digital health, and working to scale health equity for all humanity.
About Rock Health Advisory:
Rock Health Advisory supports leaders within major corporations on strategic initiatives to change healthcare for the better. Through our consulting practice and membership program, we help teams at leading Fortune 500 companies—across healthcare, technology, retail, and more—on strategies to bridge the gap between entrepreneurial innovation and the status quo by improving their existing products and services and building new ones.
Put simply, our mandate is impact. We want to make healthcare massively better for every human being.
About the Role:
Rock Health Inc. is looking for a Chief of Staff to support the executive team. You will report to the COO and have regular touchpoints with the full leadership team.
The successful candidate for this position will work remotely and adhere to the COVID-related remote work policies of Rock Health. Location in San Francisco for a future hybrid working environment is preferred but not required.
You love seeing teams hum—working together to balance creativity with efficiency, and ultimately driving to intended outcomes. You are a project manager at heart, someone who communicates with a high EQ and can easily navigate conversations and drive accountability across colleagues—from the CEO to our part-time Research Fellows. You are an intuitive and creative problem solver, and you take pride in seeing work through from initial concept through sustained implementation. You ensure strong follow-through, adopt a posture toward feedback, and make appropriate tweaks along the way. In addition to being meticulously organized, you exercise sound judgment and ethics in all business relationships and decisions.
It’s likely that you’ve had experience in some of the following:
- Guiding high-performing teams in working together to achieve goals
- Maintaining focus on results
- Using influence, not simply authority, to communicate urgency when necessary
- Effective written and verbal internal communications
- Successful project management
- Showing entrepreneurial drive, willingness to roll up sleeves to directly solve challenging problems when required
- Driving the creation of new structures or processes required for business success
- Prioritization in a rapidly changing environment and in the face of competing priorities
- Handling confidential information with a high degree of integrity
We know there are great candidates who may not fit into what we’ve described or who have important skills we haven’t thought of. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.
- Work directly with the CEO, COO, and General Manager, Consulting to support the development of strategic planning processes for the organization, including working with the executive leadership team to develop and deliver against key team objectives
- Support annual strategy and budgeting processes, e.g., annual compensation survey and analysis, performance management processes / tools
- Be a thought partner to the Rock Health leadership team to identify sources of opportunity to improve execution of team-wide initiatives, communication, and culture, —everything from talent development support to recruitment initiatives to motivating a hybrid remote / in-person team
- Drive process and accountability for leadership-driven workstreams. For example, researching and driving implementation of new ways of working together: decision-making processes, future use of office space, team efficiency / time management initiatives, DEI workstream
- Support the productivity of leadership meetings by owning the planning and agenda, ensuring the right topics are surfaced at the right times, facilitating effective discussion, and documenting/managing follow through on action items
- Support leadership with internal communications to ensure clear messaging, feedback processes, and follow-through to the entire organization
- Lead and organize content creation for key documents including board decks
- Own and continuously improve company operating cadence (e.g. annual team calendar of events including travel calendar for distributed team, executive team meetings, leadership and team retreats, goal reviews, board meetings)
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4-7 years experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage relationships with executive leaders
- Experience or interest in digital health / healthcare
- Comfort with the ambiguity of a high-growth, fast-paced environment