About Eden Health
Eden Health is a nationally recognized medical practice on a mission to create a world where every person has a relationship with a trusted healthcare provider. Working with employers across the country, Eden Health offers employees 24/7 digital care, same-day in-person primary care, mental health services, physical therapy, and benefits navigation. The Eden Health team is driven by a patient-centric approach, delivering relationship-based collaborative care. With this model, our clients have healthier workforces, increased productivity, and reduced healthcare costs. We are committed to diversity, equity, and integrity, and our teams reflect this. Our hope at Eden Health is to create an environment where each person can do the best and most important work in their careers.
What you will be doing
As the Corporate Controller at Eden Health, you will be working amongst a passionate Finance team that is responsible for the Company’s financial planning, reporting and controls, business strategy, cash management, accounting, auditing, and taxes. This role will require you to be a proven leader of an Accounting team, capable of owning the financial reporting, financial audits, and day-to-day financial operations of the Company. This is a visible role across the organization as you evolve key Accounting processes that continually support and enable all areas of the business and its fast-paced growth. We are looking for a driven, reliable, and self-starting Corporate Controller who works extremely well with others, is no stranger to change, and wants to be part of the journey of transforming how people experience healthcare and ultimately live healthier lives.
What success looks like
- Oversee and manage our core Accounting team in general accounting, monthly financial close process, financial operations, A/R, A/P, and tax compliance
- Own optimization of timely and audit-ready financial statements, internal controls, and management reporting
- Own all accounting processes and ensure the function has the appropriate tech stack and internal processes in place to support scalability and automation of the business, as well as maximizing team productivity and reporting accuracy
- Establish, monitor, and enforce internal controls and accounting policies and procedures, including the construction of accounting and controls infrastructure around new and ever-evolving business verticals
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to support key company initiatives, particularly those around segmented P&L reporting
- Partner closely with the FP&A team to provide timely and accurate reporting for forecasting and analytics
- Coordinate with external accountants and tax advisors to ensure compliance with all applicable tax laws and filing and withholding requirements
- Own vendor relationships with key company partners to ensure the controlled and efficient processing of financial dataPartner closely with the FP&A team to provide timely and accurate reporting for forecasting and analytics
- Develop and implement strategies to improve accounting processes for revenue recognition, capitalization of equipment and software development, and accounting system configurations
- Grow a strong, motivated Accounting organization and ensure tangible and realistic career pathways for the growing team
- Demonstrate a high level of personal accountability, innovative thinking, and continuous improvement
What you will bring
- 8+ years of progressive accounting experience, including as a Controller or Director of Accounting (preferred), with both public/private company leadership roles
- 4+ years of management experience
- Active CPA license or equivalent required
- An IPO-readiness mindset
- Proven track-record of managing high performing teams and developing talent within an organization
- Strong knowledge and leadership of accounting operations. Proven experience building, developing, mentoring, and inspiring a large, diverse, high performing professional accounting team.
- Excellent knowledge and proven track record in assessing, developing, and implementing internal controls for SOX compliance while balancing bureaucracy-free processes.
- A strong, strategic, and analytical mindset coupled with intellectual energy, who acts in service of the organization and its people
- A hands-on approach, with the ability to lead by example; an engaging personal style with a high degree of self-motivation, coupled with the ability to impart a sense of urgency to achieve business objectives.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills and proven experience in cultivating collaborative working relationships with teams across an organization
- Ability to work in a growing, entrepreneurial organization; ability to quickly identify both risks and opportunities while maintaining a strong focus on both process improvements and results
- Unimpeachable integrity, maturity, strength of character, and professionalism.
- Strong ERP systems experience, preferably with NetSuite
Why Eden Health?
- Remote first company and culture
- Series C Healthtech startup with a mission-driven team that's passionate about helping every person have a relationship with a trusted healthcare provider
- Competitive salary and equity compensation package
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance and commuter benefits
- Dedicated Culture Committee led by CEO
- Learning and development budgets to help you grow and bond with your team
- Positive, inclusive, supportive culture cheering you on your journey
- Strong and quickly growing client base of America’s leading employers
Eden Health is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Please note: Eden Health interview requests and job offers only originate from edenhealth.com email addresses (e.g. email@example.com). Eden Health will never ask for bank information (e.g. account and routing number), social security numbers, passwords, or other sensitive information to be delivered via email. If you receive a scam email or wish to report a security issue involving Eden Health, please notify us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.