About Eden Health
Eden Health is a nationally recognized medical practice on a mission to create a world where every person has a relationship with a trusted healthcare provider. Working with employers across the country, Eden Health offers employees 24/7 digital care, same-day in-person primary care, mental health services, physical therapy, and benefits navigation. The Eden Health team is driven by a patient-centric approach, delivering relationship-based collaborative care. With this model, our clients have healthier workforces, increased productivity, and reduced healthcare costs. We are committed to diversity, equity, and integrity, and our teams reflect this. Our hope at Eden Health is to create an environment where each person can do the best and most important work in their careers.
What you will be doing
As the Regulatory Counsel at Eden Health, you will be the third member of the legal team, reporting directly to the General Counsel. You will have a unique opportunity to help build the legal function from the ground up while acting as a cross-functional strategic advisor. You will have responsibilities across the legal function and primary focus on providing cutting edge legal analysis and strategies for navigating the complex regulatory environment for healthcare in the United States. A successful team member in this role will focus on protecting the company from legal, regulatory, reputational and business risks while enabling the company’s fast growth and expansion. This is a remote position and we will consider candidates from any U.S. location, with a preference for New York. You will be expected to work Eastern time zone business hours. Occasional travel may be required for team events.
What success looks like
- Be Eden Health’s resident expert on relevant healthcare regulatory matters, including Corporate Practice of Medicine, HIPAA, Anti-Kickback and Stark statutes, and state telemedicine regulations
- Advise stakeholders across the company on healthcare regulatory matters to identify and implement creative solutions to business and regulatory needs
- Collaborate with Eden Health’s clinical team on frameworks for compliance with licensing and scope of practice laws and regulations, and credentialing requirements
- Develop legal and regulatory structures that support Eden Health’s partnerships with employers, landlords, payers, and other constituencies across the US healthcare system.
- Educate and advise the sales and customer success teams on customers’ ERISA-related questions
- Work closely with Legal Operations associate (to be hired) on the implementation of the company’s compliance program
- Own Eden Health’s malpractice insurance program
- Provide clear and practical advice with respect to Eden Health’s HIPAA compliance in matters relating to partnerships, vendor relationships, and growth.
- Efficiently manage relevant outside relationships with top tier healthcare regulatory counsel.
What you will bring
- JD (or equivalent) and member of a U.S. state bar in good standing
- 3 to 6+ years of experience in healthcare regulatory law (some in-house experience preferred, but not required)
- A business-oriented, practical and creative mindset (your instinct is to find solutions, not just problems)
- Strategic legal thinking; ability to provide thought leadership and build processes that support the company’s short- and long-term goals
- Ability to see the forest from the trees and make trade-offs based on business considerations
- Drive to work independently and to plan and prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong leadership, analytic, organization and project management skills
- Willingness to wear multiple hats and approach any task with a can-do, flexible attitude, understanding that no job is too big or too small
- Ability to foster pleasant and productive working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication; ability to distill complex legal principles to business teams and other individuals with non-legal backgrounds
- Excitement about contributing to Eden’s mission to create a world where every person has a relationship with a trusted healthcare provider
Why Eden Health?
- Remote first company and culture
- Series C Healthtech startup with a mission-driven team that's passionate about helping every person have a relationship with a trusted healthcare provider
- Competitive salary and equity compensation package
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance and commuter benefits
- Dedicated Culture Committee led by CEO
- Learning and development budgets to help you grow and bond with your team
- Positive, inclusive, supportive culture cheering you on your journey
- Strong and quickly growing client base of America’s leading employers
Eden Health is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Please note: Eden Health interview requests and job offers only originate from edenhealth.com email addresses (e.g. email@example.com). Eden Health will never ask for bank information (e.g. account and routing number), social security numbers, passwords, or other sensitive information to be delivered via email. If you receive a scam email or wish to report a security issue involving Eden Health, please notify us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.