About Eden Health
Eden Health is a nationally recognized medical practice on a mission to create a world where every person has a relationship with a trusted healthcare provider. Working with employers across the country, Eden Health offers employees 24/7 digital care, same-day in-person primary care, mental health services, physical therapy, and benefits navigation. The Eden Health team is driven by a patient-centric approach, delivering relationship-based collaborative care. With this model, our clients have healthier workforces, increased productivity, and reduced healthcare costs. We are committed to diversity, equity, and integrity, and our teams reflect this. Our hope at Eden Health is to create an environment where each person can do the best and most important work in their careers.
What you will be doing
As an Operations Manager on the Behavioral Health team, you will be on the front lines of delivering best-in-class patient care by building and managing high performing, highly efficient operations. In a high-growth startup with strong demand for scale-up of behavioral health services, you will help ensure consistent quality and compliance while enabling expansion of services across the country.
You will work closely with behavioral health clinical staff and operations staff to set standards, monitor, and deliver high quality daily services. You will also look at a broader view of the future, designing opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness, whether these are policies, procedures, tools, or documentation. You will help design and take responsibility for hitting goals on utilization of clinical services, capacity of clinical staff to serve, and performance quality. In a company that is redefining patient experience using a technology-forward approach to healthcare, you will continuously improve our approach, workflows, and tools, and immediately address any issues that arise. Your success will center around the careful balance and constant optimization of scalability, timeliness and quality of our day-to-day operations.
This is a full-time, fully remote position that can be located anywhere in the US. This role will report to the General Manager of Behavioral Health. This is an excellent opportunity for a data-focused critical thinker with experience managing care delivery services, who is excited to create healthcare services that delight patients and customers.
What success looks like
- Provide leadership expertise to ensure all patients receive high quality, efficient care.
- Optimize capacity and utilization of clinical staff in delivery of behavioral health services, including staffing, scheduling, and workflow implementation
- Build models and tools to ensure we staff to meet patient needs
- Serve as the point person to plan for scale-up for new customers or geographic regions based on the right balance of actual and forecasted demand
- Refine daily utilization metrics, work with data and engineering teams to instrument measures, and continuously monitor and optimize our operations
- Partner with the General Manager to design, trial, and scale novel behavioral health services
- Identify open needs in products, processes or staffing and collaborate cross-functionally to prioritize and deliver both quick and longer term wins, then communicate and train on these updates
- Work closely with all behavioral health team members, as well as across teams with primary care clinicians, healthcare navigators, and operations and technology staff
- Support the operations associate in identifying opportunities for process or tool improvement, and helping with daily tasks if necessary
- Update policies and workflows to improve care or ensure compliance, beginning by identifying open needs and ending with clear documentation, training, and monitoring
- Collaborate with clinical managers to design metrics and systems for performance management, creating an approach and culture of continuous learning and improvement
- Quickly address issues raised by providers, patients or buyers to ensure effective and efficient care delivery that continuously meets or exceeds standards
- Take responsibility for behavioral health service SLAs and quality targets
- Serve as the point person for operations needs or questions related to behavioral health
What you will bring
- 5+ years experience managing fast-growing healthcare delivery services, including forecasting capacity, predicting changes in staffing needs, designing flexible staffing models, and monitoring service quality
- Proven aptitude for improving processes and tools to improve scalability, efficiency and quality
- Deep comfort with numerical analysis, with willingness to manually dig into trend analysis as well as help data analysts design more automated tools
- Adept at turning data analysis into effective action plans, and creative approach to identifying the metrics that truly get to the root of the value your team provides
- Energized by delivering concrete, measurable improvements, by enabling team members to collaborate cross-functionally, and by delighting customers and patients
- Desire to be a leader in a fast-moving startup and rapidly scale services, coupled with a comfort pioneering a trail into the unknown where it’s hard to predict demand
- Obsession with watching the numbers to be the first person to catch issues or downward trends and solve them before they are noticed by patients, customers, and providers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a passion for clear documentation and consistent cross-team communication, including experience communicating insights through data with senior-level executives
- Comfort working continuously through technology, such as video conferencing, shared spreadsheets and documents, wikis, and tools for analytics, financial and business intelligence.
- Strong attention to detail in a fast-paced company that relies on timely delivery
- Adaptability to creating and learning new workflows, tools, and team structures
- Comfort working independently and being part of a remote, distributed team
- Personal passion to care for patients and approach your work and collaboration with humor, joy, and emotional intelligence.
Why Eden Health?
- Remote first company and culture
- Series C Healthtech startup with a mission-driven team that's passionate about helping every person have a relationship with a trusted healthcare provider
- Competitive salary and equity compensation package
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance and commuter benefits
- Dedicated Culture Committee led by CEO
- Learning and development budgets to help you grow and bond with your team
- Positive, inclusive, supportive culture cheering you on your journey
- Strong and quickly growing client base of America’s leading employers
Eden Health is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Please note: Eden Health interview requests and job offers only originate from edenhealth.com email addresses (e.g. email@example.com). Eden Health will never ask for bank information (e.g. account and routing number), social security numbers, passwords, or other sensitive information to be delivered via email. If you receive a scam email or wish to report a security issue involving Eden Health, please notify us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.