At Higi, we believe that it should be easier for people to be their healthiest. The steps toward better health should be more accessible, affordable, and convenient. That’s why we build innovative solutions that help people better understand their health needs and connect with the care and resources needed to manage and improve it. Higi gives consumers unsurpassed access to track and act on their health data through our network of 10,000 FDA-cleared smart health stations located across the U.S. Higi stations are conveniently used nearly 1 million times per week at pharmacy retailers, community locations, and employer worksites nationwide. Through the Higi station network, and Higi’s web and mobile applications, our solutions engage and connect the consumer and their data in real-time with their trusted healthcare organizations to improve satisfaction, increase quality, and reduce cost. Join Higi in our mission to make the pursuit of health easier and more connected – a world in which every person can understand their health and take action to improve and maintain it – and have fun doing it. Learn more at www.higi.com.
Higi is hiring a talented VP Finance to join our team! The VP Finance will be a strategic and critical role as a senior leader at Higi. This role will have broad responsibility for leading financial planning and analysis, budgeting and forecasting, board and management reporting, and other responsibilities as it relates to finance & accounting. As a key member of the leadership team, the VP Finance will be a hands-on, self-starter who brings strong finance, operational leadership, and management skills.
Higi is located in Chicago; however this role can be based anywhere in the U.S.
If you’re passionate about healthcare and improving people’s health and wellbeing, as well as determined, enthusiastic, collaborative, and results-driven, then we want you to apply today!
- Develop monthly reporting for Board, Executive Leadership Team, Leadership Team with insights that go beyond the numbers, expressed in a narrative that is easy to understand regardless of the users’ level of financial acumen
- Financial Planning including annual budgeting, annual planning, margin analysis of new business lines, and resource costing.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the finance and accounting function
- Partner with the executive leadership team, providing strategic recommendations based on financial and operational analysis and projections
- Support the Sales and Client Success teams on contracts, invoicing and reporting
- Assess the impact of key strategic transactional opportunities on the company's financials
- Administration of taxation planning and compliance, including federal, state/local, as well as sales and use
- Develop and monitor policies and procedures within General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and corporate guidelines to ensure sufficient cash flow, reduce operating costs, and increase revenue
- Maintain external relationships with banks, auditors, and third-party vendors
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned
We’re excited about you because …
- You are passionate about finance and accounting, having a thirst for technical knowledge growth
- You have the ability to be the voice of technical compliance, ensuring that Higi is meeting all applicable regulatory and compliance standards
- You are a results driver, with a keen focus on understanding the business economic drivers and prioritizing efforts accordingly
- You have experience with multi-entity consolidated reporting
- You have experience in the management and projections of full healthcare revenue cycle
- You have the ability to articulate complex information in a simplified format
- You have the ability to prioritize and work autonomously on projects through completion
- You have a strong attention to detail
- You have the ability to research, document, and apply accounting guidance when necessary to solve complex problems
- You have a Lean Mindset! You do more with less and are passionate about automation and streamlining processes
- You have advanced Excel skills
- You have a B.A. with 7+ years of relevant experience in Finance; healthcare technology experience and start-up experience preferred
We provide a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes the following:
- Competitive base salary
- Open to Remote Work
- Medical, dental, vision
- Company Paid Life Insurance, Short Term and Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- Sick Time off
- Paid Gym Membership
Higi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without discriminating against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.