Welcome to Aetion! Since our debut in 2013, we have grown into one of the country’s leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions.
We achieve this with our Aetion Evidence Platform, a software platform used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness and value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals and clients. We’ve partnered with top biopharma companies and are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research and expand our product line.
To continue our mission to transform healthcare, we’re assembling a team of talented individuals who know how to work collaboratively and authentically, to innovate and think transformation, not status quo.
If that’s you, we’d love to hear from you.
As Staff Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), you will be a critical member of Aetion’s engineering organization. As Aetion’s products continue to scale, we are writing the next chapter in our ability to innovate and operate with efficiency and maturity. You will be an instrumental part of us continuing down this path.
As a member of the Quality Assurance Automation Engineering team, you will bring Aetion’s already robust testing practices to new heights. You will iterate on Aetion’s automation testing and own the underlying testing frameworks. Aetion’s testing automation is becoming ever more meaningful and immediate in the insights it brings, and you will be an instrumental part of its evolution.
Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Building / maintaining Aetion’s suite of automated tests, ensuring that tests are fast and meaningful.
- Keeping Aetion’s automation testing tools and platforms performant and up to date with multi-cloud, CI/CD, etc.
- Ensuring that Aetion’s products are regularly stress tested through automation.
- Providing technical leadership on projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years experience in automation testing.
- Experience pioneering automation testing capabilities across broader technical organizations.
- Strong coding capabilities in Java or other object-oriented programming languages with Selenium.
- A good understanding of HTML, CSS, and other markup languages.
- Strong experience in Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and writing gherkin scripts.
- Experience working with CI/CD tools, Jenkins, and debugging logs.
- Strong experience with SQL queries.
- Exposure to distributed systems, CI/CD, and configuring jobs.
- Experience working on multiple projects at the same time in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work in an agile environment that has strong needs for quality management.
- Excellent communication, problem-solving aptitude, and demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Experience in software development.
- Experience with integrating test management tools (TestNG / Junit).
- Experience with build tools (Maven).
- Lead at all levels – Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders and technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports and maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, and HIMSS.
- Located in three cities — We have offices located in Midtown Manhattan near Penn Station, Boston's financial district, and Los Angeles. All locations are accessible by various forms of public transportation.
- Social and energetic offices – with a modern layout, and a giant kitchen and eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, and industry meetups and events.
- Great perks – We offer competitive salaries, top-of-the-line benefits, company ownership stock options, unlimited vacation, and 401(k) match
- Company Accolades – Aetion is the recipient of numerous prestigious awards:
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.