Reports to: Help Desk Manager
What we are looking for:
The Junior Systems Administrator will have sharp attention to detail and enjoy collaborating with others. They are the type of person who not only soaks up knowledge, but seeks it out and shares it with coworkers. They will have previous I.T. Operations experience in a Windows environment, but also want to expand their skillset. They can solve problems on their own, but know when to seek help.
- Work in a secure environment dealing with HIPAA, SOC2, PCI frameworks and deal with robust security and auditing requirements
- Troubleshoot and quickly resolve issues with hardware and software in support of geographically dispersed users
- Familiar with languages like PowerShell, Kusto, Python, and Bash
- Configure and deploy equipment using imaging tools
- Deploy OS updates, software patches, network upgrades
- Assist with Onboarding/Offboarding employees
- Work with AD/AAD, IIS, SQL Server, Azure/AWS, Log Analytics, Intune, Fortinet, VPNs, Windows 10, Office 365, Disaster Recovery, Linux, MAC, and Windows Server
- Collaboration within I.T. and across the organization
- Experience with physical networks, Azure, and AWS networks
- Be a shared resource between IT and SecOps
- Plan and work within an Agile scrum team
- Knowledge of Azure Sentinel and Security Center
- Experience with monitoring and configuring IDS/IPS systems
- Documenting changes
- Performs other duties as assigned
Competencies for success:
- Thrives on challenges and loves learning
- Is self-driven, diligent, and enjoys solving problems, and mentoring teammates
- Wants to be part of a high-growth, high-innovation company that will revolutionize a market
- Prefers a collaborative environment and is comfortable working with others and giving and receiving feedback
- 2+ years of relevant support experience is required with good knowledge of Azure and security best practices. We are looking for someone that has support experience and is looking at making the transition to a systems administrator.
- Experience with Windows OS, Server Platforms, Azure, and security best practices
- Worked in a regulated or audited environment (PCI, HIPAA, SOX…)
- Familiarity with Azure Active Directory
- This position is based in Boise, ID and offers a hybrid schedule.
- Sponsorship is not available for this position.
VisitPay is a well-funded mid-growth company in a $400B growing market. We are a nationally focused company working closely with some of the nation’s largest and most well-respected health systems to provide innovative and compelling SaaS-based products. We are poised to capture significant share in the massive and growing self-pay market. Our solutions help healthcare systems optimize their revenue while providing patients with much improved and friendly billing experience.
At VisitPay, you will have the opportunity to work with an exceptional leadership team who has significant experience building companies in consumer finance, software, and analytics, and enjoy a competitive salary, benefits, and work/life balance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
VisitPay is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.