“Making Healthcare Right. Together.” is the cornerstone of all we do. Our vision is through powerful relationships with Care Partners, we help all people live healthy and brighter lives. To successfully achieve our mission and vision as we operate in a dynamic health care environment, we expect Bright employees to embody and uphold our core values in work and interactions, both internal and external: be brave, be brilliant, be accountable, be inclusive, and be collaborative.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Senior Executive Assistant provides administrative support to company leadership by handling information requests and performing administrative functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls and scheduling meetings and travel. They also assist in maintaining office space (including supplies, lunches/beverages, organization, etc.), maintain executives and conference room calendars, and handle any incoming mail and phone inquiries.
- Manage calendars, appointments and correspondence for leadership and/or assigned employee groups
- Arrange travel for leadership and/or assigned employee groups
- Perform general office duties such as ordering supplies and monitoring supply inventory
- Sort and distribute incoming correspondence
- Assume responsibility for maintenance of office equipment, including but not limited to computers, copy machines and fax machines
- Assist in training staff members and new hires
- Implement and monitor programs as directed by management, and see the programs through to completion
- Generate memos, emails and reports when appropriate
- Respond to questions and requests for information; generate memos, e-mails and reports
- Answer incoming calls and assume other receptionist duties when needed
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email
- Correspond and otherwise interact with Clinical Advisory Council members and other external leaders on behalf of your principle
- Make travel arrangements for executives
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or GED required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Three (3) or more years of relevant experience required
- Proficiency in MS Office with expertise in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to analyze and revise operating practices to improve efficiency
- Detail oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced office environment
- Exceptional communication skills
- Superior organization skills and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner
At Bright Health, we brought together the brightest minds from the health care industry and consumer technology and together we created Bright Health: a new, brighter approach to healthcare, built for individuals. Our plans are easy to manage, personalized and more affordable, giving people the quality care they deserve. Through our exclusive care partnerships with leading health systems in local communities we are reshaping how people and physicians achieve better health together.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like: Great Places to Work, Modern Healthcare, Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our growing team!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.