“Making Healthcare Right. Together.” is the cornerstone of all we do. Our vision is through powerful relationships with Care Partners, we help all people live healthy and brighter lives. To successfully achieve our mission and vision as we operate in a dynamic health care environment, we expect Bright employees to embody and uphold our core values in work and interactions, both internal and external: be brave, be brilliant, be accountable, be inclusive, and be collaborative.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Senior Manager, Media Strategy is an expert in performance marketing who is responsible for delivering quantifiable results via paid media campaigns. Accountable for delivering rapid customer growth in new and existing markets by leveraging expertise in paid media across digital (paid social, paid search, display, audio, video, DOOH) and traditional channels (radio, tv, print, etc). This role works cross functionally and through agencies to build media, execution and measurement plans that meet or exceed current growth targets. Day to day includes managing budgets, overseeing execution, creating and consuming reporting, building strategies and managing agencies and employees.
The successful Senior Manager, Media Strategy is data and results driven, able to analyze qualitative and quantitative data, observe trends and provide insights that inform strategies. Experienced with paid media, measurement and comfortable with shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment and should be energized by helping define processes as we grow. This role will drive strategy, planning, oversees execution, and ultimately delivers high performing plans that meet or exceed enterprise goals.
- Oversee, monitor, manage and optimize paid media acquisition campaigns, ensuring media is adhering to best practices and aligned with Bright goals
- Lead the media measurement strategy including ideation, forecasting, measurement and execution of test plans, platform measurement plans, approve reporting templates, provide requirements and identify vendors and partners
- Monitor and evaluate KPIs of all marketing channels and determine necessary adjustments to optimize overall marketing effectiveness in line with budgeted marketing spend
- Aggregate internal and external reporting received from agencies and internal sources to compile a holistic view of performance and in order to provide leadership visibility of campaigns impact on the business
- Closely partner with Creative team to ensure best-in-class ad units and copy are being utilized to maximize performance; understand each channel’s unique requirements
- Stay current on best practices, capabilities, trends and technology in media
- Work with third-party media partners to ensure efficient marketing spend, partner directly with platforms to evaluate performance and identify beta opportunities, and vet and identify new partners
- In partnership with the AVP, Media Strategy, develop the go to market acquisition strategies that meet or exceed enterprise goals
- This position has supervisory responsibilities for Marketing Specialists
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or related field/ or equivalent work experience required
- Six (6) to eight (8) years of experience working in a marketing/technology organization with 5+ years of programmatic display, SEM, or other paid social channel experience
- Experience with programmatic display buying capabilities including in depth knowledge of DSP and other paid media buying tools
- Demonstrated ability to analyze mass amounts of data and translate data into actionable strategies
- Experienced leader with a proven track record of identifying strategies, tactics and plans to improve KPI’s
- Experience leveraging data inputs to create segments, design tests, execute reporting and provide insights (experience with DSP, DMP, media data providers, etc)
- Experience in an agency or leading media teams required
- Budget management and tracking including IO’s, invoicing, auditing and allocation
- Ability to thrive and quickly pivot in a dynamic environment with evolving processes
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented, analytical mindset with the ability to interpret and translate technical findings into accessible updates and recommendations for business stakeholders
- Comfortable presenting to executive leadership
- Ability to effectively manage a 3rd party external agencies and direct reports.
- Deep familiarity with all digital marketing metrics including CPA, CPC, CPM, RoAS, incrementality, and strong understanding of different attribution and media mix models
- Ability to combine data analysis with creative and nuanced marketing strategies
- Strong presentation skills -written and verbal -to share and communicate reporting, strategy.
- Formal training, professional certifications, or regular job responsibilities in SEM, PLA, Display, Programmatic, Native, Paid Social with deep specialization in at least three of these channels.
- Additional training, certifications, or experience in Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, Google Search Console, Facebook Business Manager, Google Ads, Pinterest, and more.
- Working knowledge of the technical components of digital marketing inclusive of pixels, UTM tracking, Google Tag Manager
At Bright Health, we brought together the brightest minds from the health care industry and consumer technology and together we created Bright Health: a new, brighter approach to healthcare, built for individuals. Our plans are easy to manage, personalized and more affordable, giving people the quality care they deserve. Through our exclusive care partnerships with leading health systems in local communities we are reshaping how people and physicians achieve better health together.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like: Great Places to Work, Modern Healthcare, Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our growing team!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.