The Operations Manager - Population Health supervises and provides clinical and implementation support to a multi state care management team in the market and supports engagement of key stakeholders needed to be successful with operational initiatives in the field. Tracks performance metrics, productivity, and patient experience and supports customer relations in the market.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Coordinates care for identified patients across the continuum in collaboration with physicians and all members of the Somatus health care team for populations identified..
- Reviews, manages and coordinates case assignments with care teams for identified patient populations.
- Supervise the care team of field-based nurse care managers, social workers, community health workers, and renal dietitians.
- Manage staff adherence to Somatus workflows, protocols, best practices, and documentation expectations via documentation and call audits.
- Support training and re-training efforts and identify gaps where additional staff training/coaching is needed; facilitate ongoing training in the market.
- After training, show proficiency in the Somatus care management and RenalIQ applications
- Support the Director of Operations in tracking to Somatus Payor partner requirements and standard reports.
- Support data collection, report preparation and material creation for Somatus payor partner meetings including Joint Operating Committees (JOC).
- Work with market leadership to track to market progress to goal for engagement, quality, SLAs, etc.
- Audit care team documentation to drive improvements and audit recorded calls for coaching opportunities and quality performance.
- Perform shadow visits in the field as needed to support performance improvement
- Create on call schedules for care team (if needed).
- Reports/resolves issues and system barriers to efficient and effective care.
- Participates in care team meetings, performance improvement and patient satisfaction initiatives.
- Utilizes population management data and resources to identify at risk patients and facilitate appropriate support and resources.
- Maintains compliance with organizational policies, procedures and evidence-based guidelines.
- Ensure pertinent patient information and performance reports are appropriately shared with customers.
- Supports process improvement to enhance care team staff workflow.
- Oversees an effective communication link between patient and medical staff, including relaying messages from providers, gathering information from patients for providers etc.
- Coordinates with Operations Director to track and share data with corporate teams and customers on patient outcomes measures and performance against goals.
- Working collaboratively with Technology, Finance, Population Health Product & Innovation, and Human Resources.
- Monitor teammate performance, support teammate growth and development, and conduct annual performance reviews for direct reports.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Active RN license.
- 3-5 years of leadership experience managing field clinical teams.
- 3-5 years of population health case management or care management experience.
- Value-based kidney care experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills required to communicate with patients, family members, physicians and other health care providers, as well as other colleagues.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Must possess strong problem-solving abilities and analytical skills.
- Demonstrates, after training, ability to use all applicable electronic systems/applications including population management systems to input, retrieve, and manipulate clinical information. Must be highly attentive to detail, accuracy, and achieving end results.
- Utilizes critical thinking and good judgement in performance of tasks.
- Must possess good organizational skills and the ability to multitask and to prioritize daily assignments to ensure smooth workflow.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft applications which may include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Understands and complies with highest standards of confidentiality.
- Positive and inspiring team leadership style to drive outcomes.
- Knowledge and experience to coach team members empower patients in self-management and shared decision making.
- Ability to travel throughout the assigned region(s) to shadow staff and travel to HQ as needed.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Somatus, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.