About Eden Health
Eden Health provides simple, tech-enabled primary care sold directly to employers. Our users enjoy immediate access to care over the Eden Health app, in our private clinics, and directly in their offices. We have transformed healthcare from an unpleasant necessity to a delightful experience focused on improving the lives of patients. The proof is in the outcomes; when companies work with us they have healthier workforces, increased productivity, and reduced healthcare costs.
What you will be doing
We are looking for curious, pragmatic and capable Backend engineers who want to see their work drive better healthcare outcomes. You will join our Platform Engineering team and work on important projects in areas like Core API development, Healthcare Data Processing, and Business Partnerships & Integrations. Platform engineers work closely with our product management, product engineering, and reliability teams to identify problems and build effective solutions.
You will join in on ownership of the Backend engineering discipline: working to build not only our APIs, but our culture and processes. Every engineer on the platform engineering team has opportunities to sharpen their system design and Backend skills through close collaboration on engineering challenges. Technical problem solving appeals to you, but you will also create space for your colleagues to demonstrate the same. We all learn and grow to achieve goals that can never fit in a job description
What success looks like
- Join the Platform Engineering team as an experienced Backend engineer to build and improve our systems, with a strong emphasis on scalable and reliable APIs.
- Help the team define and maintain engineering process that let us develop quickly while keeping a high threshold for quality — including writing tests and technical documentation.
- Routinely ship high quality software that helps simplify healthcare for our patients and clinicians.
- Engage in the entire life cycle of product engineering, including (but not limited to) sprint planning, retrospectives, on-call rotation, and deploying software.
- Build an understanding of our business, and our unique approach to health care so that your technical decisions impact the course of the company.
- Help establish Eden Health as a professional, high quality engineering organization through contributions to open source, blogs, conference talks, etc.
What you will bring
- You have depth with more than one Backend language or framework, and you have experience shipping into production. We build our Backends with Clojure and Python.
- You have experience with relational databases. We use Postgres and Redshift.
- You set a high bar for technical excellence, and you want to help your peers achieve it.
- You are able to anticipate technical and operational risks, and can help mitigate them.
- You have several approaches to debugging, maintaining, and improving distributed backend systems.
- You will advocate for advancing quality, durability, and managing technical debt.
- You will place compliance, security and ethics at the forefront of our systems, ensuring that our patients and customers can trust Eden Health.
Why Eden Health?
- Fast-growing startup backed by leading venture capital firms Greycroft, 645 Ventures, PJC and others
- Interesting and challenging technical stack: React and React Native, TypeScript, Clojure, Python
- Exciting product in one of the largest and fastest growing markets in the country
- Mission-driven culture passionate about improving access to healthcare for employees and their families
- Competitive salary and equity compensation package
- Great benefits including medical, dental, vision insurance, and commuter benefits
- Generous PTO, healthy snacks, and regular happy hours
- Awesome team with a great camaraderie - we work hard and have lots of fun!
About our Tech
- React 16.13, + Typescript 4.0
- React Native 0.63 + Typescript 4.0
- Python 3.7
- Clojure 1.10
- Postgres 12
Eden Health is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.