Somatus is on a mission to be the world’s best provider of integrated care delivery for patients with or at risk of kidney disease. Our team cares deeply about our mission in service to our partners and patients and each team member demonstrates our core values of Authenticity, Collaboration, Empowerment, Innovation and Tenacity.
As a Vice President of Business Development, you will play a key role in the continued growth of the company and support strategic initiatives working with health plans, hospitals and health systems, provider groups, and other healthcare organizations.
- Work closely with company leadership to lead complex deal execution and strategy in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Identify, convert, and support new leads by engaging with inbound and event-generated company interest
- Develop effective outbound content and thought leadership in partnership with the marketing team
- Grow and mature early-to-mid stage business development pipeline with support from company leadership and company subject matter experts
- Field inbound calls, website inquiries and outreach from prospective partners to help identify and evaluate new business opportunities
- Stay up-to-date on knowledge of industry trends, market intelligence, and state/federal regulations and programs
- Lead proposal writing efforts to demonstrate company capabilities and secure new business opportunities
- Play an active role in developing corporate strategy, technology product roadmap, and operational improvement efforts through market intel and feedback to improve performance and partner outcomes
- Track key activities across new business opportunities to forecast and report on pipeline and using analytical skills to identify new strategies to drive company growth.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in enterprise sales, consulting, or commercial role working with health plans, provider groups, or other healthcare organizations
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with demonstrated ability to communicate, present, and influence both credibly and effectively at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level
- Commercial acumen and a proven track record of driving new business development and creatively structuring agreements
- Ability to connect with diverse constituents and stakeholders across cross-functional teams (leadership, marketing, account management, product and development, data and analytics, market operations and clinical)
- Demonstrated self-starter and ability to work collaboratively in a team atmosphere
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Somatus, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.