ABOUT THE ROLE
The Staff Accountant role at Bright Health is suited for a detailed oriented individual with an attitude to learn and dig in to the “unknowns”, and a desire for innovation. Under general supervision of the Accounting Manager, the Staff Accountant will own the value-based care accounting processes, and actively participate in the month-end close processes. Key areas of focus include but are not limited to understanding value-based care, managing care coordination fee accruals and payments, recording journal entries, reconciling accounts, reporting, and interpreting data.
- Maintain the general ledger accounts and related activities for the production of financial statements and reports
- Ensure account balances are documented and auditable
- Prepare journal entries and review accounting classifications in accordance with GAAP
- Assist with value-based care accounting from maintaining working spreadsheets to ensuring payments are timely made to care partners/receiving parties
- Assist with federal MLR estimates and accruals
- Prepare documentation in support of external and internal audits
- Assist with miscellaneous projects, ad hoc reporting and analysis
- Investigate issues and provide explanation
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent is required
- At least two (2) years of accounting experience preferred with strong GAAP knowledge
- Prior healthcare experience with exposure to MLR processes/reporting is highly desired
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office with strong Excel skills including advanced formulas, creating templates and pivot tables
- Proficiency with NetSuite ERP is an asset
- Ability to work in a matrix organization with “can do” attitude and adaptable to change
- Maintain good working relations with peers and anticipate solutions for customers’ needs
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written), ability to collaborate with peers and to work independently
- Good organization skills with the ability to prioritize and manage various work assignments in a fast paced environment
At Bright Health, we brought together the brightest minds from the health care industry and consumer technology and together we created Bright Health: a new, brighter approach to healthcare, built for individuals. Our plans are easy to manage, personalized and more affordable, giving people the quality care they deserve. Through our exclusive care partnerships with leading health systems in local communities we are reshaping how people and physicians achieve better health together.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like: Great Places to Work, Modern Healthcare, Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our growing team!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.